Fitbit running log converts to running in place

Options
Every time I set my Fitbit to track my running through the app, it shows that I am “running in place” on MyFitness Pal. Anyone else with that problem?

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    no.

is it linked to your phone so the GPS shows the fitbit you're moving?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Fitbit doesn’t send over any actual exercise data. It only sends over a total calories burned amount that shows up in a “steps” adjustment. That amount includes anything you burned on a run, but the run will never get entered on mfp by Fitbit.

Is it maybe a Garmin? I ask that because sometimes Garmin workouts are transferred to mfp with weird or missing distance (particularly indoor activities - but not always just indoor) and that leads mfp to assume you covered 0 miles (so running “in place”).

But that’s only with a tracker/device that sends actual workout data to mfp-and Fitbit doesn’t. And I’ve only seen the other with Garmin.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    I noticed when the Garmin site was down and I switched to syncing MFP with Strava that all of my runs were "running in place". No idea why and I didn't care enough to investigate. I'm thinking some sites are sending all of the data they could.