Gastric Surgery Buddies Needed

Options
I would love to hear from anyone else who has already had gastric surgery or who is thinking of having gastric surgery in or near to Cambridgeshire.

Looking to start a buddy network going.

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm not near you, but I'm a lap band girl. I found out that I have a major leak in my band, and no matter how much saline gets injected, it all leaks out, so I basically have nothing. What a waste. :(
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass on February 7, 2011 but do not live near you!!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    2006 RNY Gastric Bypass loss 185#'s never made it to goal wt but I feel and look better, I am now like anyone else, daily management of my health and weight is in there on that. add me if you like I will be glad to support, I would do it all over again if I had to it was life changing, now it's up yo me to make the best out of it...
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am not close to you. I did have gastric by-pass on 9-21-10. I have lost 117 lbs so far. If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me!
  • beazelsmom
    Options
    Omg, that really sucks about your band, I would have them redo it for free, or do the rouex-n-y instead, especially if the band is faulty. And now about me lol, I had the rouex done on Jan 25th, just 7 mos ago. I have lost 94lbs. I do not regret it, but in the first 2 weeks of recovery, I wished I hadn't at one point. It is hard, I am having the worst time right now, i have plateaued and its my own stupid fault. I have gotten really discouraged lately. In the begining the weight just fell off, I didnt have to do anything, slowly it fell off slower. Be extremely careful in your eating habits. Eat tiny portions, good food ie nutritious lol. I need to give myself a kick in the *kitten* to do better, and not sabatoge myself because I have stopped losing, or it has slowly stopped. I guess i need support lol. And I am willing to give anyone support, because I know how much overwhelming and how its sometimes just plain sucks.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've talked with the surgeon and his staff, and since my insurance company stopped weight-loss surgery coverage, I can't get the surgery covered. My husband is irate. He's tired of seeing me get sick STILL after having all of the liquid removed. To replace just the little part that's leaking: $7,500. The band surgery itself was $12,000. I can't believe it!
  • rainbowflump
    Options
    Hi dont live in your area, but due in on monday for bypass,
  • sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Had gastric bypass surgery 2008 Dec starting weight 443lbs
    Joined MFP Jun 2011 sw 306lbs
    weight today 287lbs

Best thing I ever did was the surgery although I have had it tough, it lost me the initial 10 stone to give me enough scope to start the gym and work off the rest, my profile says it all.#

I would like to join you on your journey, anyone thinking of having it or already had done, please fee free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am in the US but it's great to have support from other WLS folks, trust me. :)
  • beazelsmom
    Options
    wow, thats terrible, I would look into getting an lawyer. Even if you dont get one right away, I would tell the jerkfaces who did it, that you have one/getting one. It may make them think a bit. Tell them you are going to sue the dr etc and the hosp too, they might come up with something for you then. They don't like their malpractice insurance to go up, or have a suit filed against them. If you are in a bigger city that has tv stations, I would tell them you are also going to contact the media as well. Bad pr leaves a nasty taste in hteir pocket books as well. :D I don't play fair, I play to win.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Had GBS 9/15/11. Feeling really good. In Phoenix area.