HOW MANY lbs IS IT POSSIBLE TO LOSE IN 90 DAYS ??

Options
Low carb
Two a days
Caloric deficit
Detox cleanse
Intermittent fasting ??
losing weight can be overwhelming 🤔

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Forgotten option: If you get your limbs amputated then at least a third of your body weight, I suspect.

Healthy "extreme" weight loss is often capped at 2 lbs/week as a general rule so 90 days = ~13 weeks which would be ~ 25-26lbs

BUT that depends on your starting point as well. If you're already in a healthy weight range and knocking off 25 lbs would render you underweight then this is not advised.

• Heyyitsleti
    Heyyitsleti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help
  • Heyyitsleti
    Options
    I would like to lose 45lbs by mid December
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 45lbs by mid December

Did you put your stats into Myfitnesspal and get a calorie recommendation? IF so, keep in mind this is before exercise.

If you were given a calorie goal of 1200: the rate of weight loss you selected is too aggressive based on your size & activity level. You reached 1200 because MFP would not go below that. Go back and try a slower rate of loss.

If you were given a calorie goal over 1200, then your rate of loss selected should be reasonable for you for now. Do go back and reassess goals as you lose weight however. And do log your exercise, and consider eating some of the calories back as those were not considered in your calorie recommendation.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    45 lbs in 3.5 months. What happens at Christmas through New Year's. Will you be going on a vacation?
  • Heyyitsleti
    Options
    Thank you for your realistic advice I can lose focus sometimes weightloss vs Health and wanting Fast results
  • Noodlesprout
    Noodlesprout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’ve just finished 90 days and have lost 40lb
    I was 300 now 260lb
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    90 days is about 12-13 weeks. At a loss of .5-1 lb per week, realistic would be 5-10 lbs. Max would be about 25 lb if you have many times that to lose.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you put on in the last 90 days? If you are on a steep upward trajectory halting the gain and maintaining can be a good first step.