Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Is this a trick question?
  • abbyrabbit
    abbyrabbit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that even though I gain a bit during my period, I lose that weight and then some as soon as it's over for that month. I seem to mostly maintain throughout the month otherwise. So my weight loss each month (around two to three pounds) seems to happen at the end of each cycle.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    How, oh tell me HOW did we ever survive without the internet????? I mean......did you ever have a period before MFP??? I did......
    Just sayin'
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I find myself getting more and more disillusioned with MFP. It is a forum, you read the posts. If you are tired unto death of people discussing periods and asking questions then why on earth do you click on this post? Maybe it is old news to you but obviously this poster wasn't sure if gaining weight during her period was normal or not. Maybe she knew it was but has never dieted and wanted to know if it would pass when her period was over.

Whatever happened to "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers?"

It's called I'm in my 20's, 30's, 40's and have been bleeding from my vag since I was a kid yet I can't grasp what's happening to my body.. you think by now, people would have realized what their period does to them, but no.. apparently that has alluded them for all their life.

There is also a search button for this very reason..

To OP:
    Yea, it's normal like everyone else said and yes it will pass. Keep drinking the water.

I weighed my self yesterday to see that I was up 3 pounds thanks to the weekend and am now back to normal a day later.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers?"

That saying disappeared with the invention of search functions.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's part of nature. Although as one who has always done weekly weigh-ins, I never really noticed. I usually still lost, even during my period, so... it's different for everyone!

For me, if I wake up on weigh-in day feeling bloated (TOM or not) I will skip that weigh-in and wait a week, just because seeing water weight gain disourages me.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    YES. for the love of God, YES!!!!

You act as if you are tired of this question, LOL. Come on now, you only hear it once a day.

But seriously - how can any woman NOT know this?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Oh girls, I can relate in so many ways. This is pure torture!

Torture? Uh... let's not be ridiculous. An inconvenience, maybe.

How, at this juncture in our lives, can we still just not accept that we bleed and bloat? Life goes on.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    No. Anything that bleeds that much for several days and is still able to walk away should not be considered normal.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    christ all mighty. here, take this gun, put it to my head and ****ing pull the trigger already.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    No. Anything that bleeds that much for several days and is still able to walk away should not be considered normal.

In addition, professional medical attention is advised. Please get offline and call 911 right now.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Menstruation is proof that women are the stronger sex...I am a huge crybaby when I get a little sniffle...I would be in the ER every month if I bleed out of Mr. Happy...

With that being said, Mike, please create a "TOM" section dedicated to these lovely little bloody threads...

The propensity of them is making me RAGged....pretty soon I will need a PADded cell...
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    keyboardrage4ov.gif

This. Is. HILARIOUS! Perfect depiction of how I feel every time someone asks a 7892347th time repeated question about periods, eating exercise calories, HCG pee drops, too much protein, losing inches but not pounds, or calories burned doing P90X.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options

You might be slightly overreacting by calling it torture, but yes, menstruating sucks.

Torture? Uh... let's not be ridiculous. An inconvenience, maybe.

I envy women who don't regard it as torture. The times I spent fainting, throwing up due to cramps and then finally going to the doctors and being prescribed pills because nothing over the counter works, but still getting pain despite that medication, I remember thinking: "This isn't quite like being forced for information, but it is such a dandy inconvenience!"

I'm really just kidding. But I would say on the scale of torture > being a nuisance, I would say it's closer to torture!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    NO YOURE GOING TO DIE
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    keyboardrage4ov.gif

This. Is. HILARIOUS! Perfect depiction of how I feel every time someone asks a 7892347th time repeated question about periods, eating exercise calories, HCG pee drops, too much protein, losing inches but not pounds, or calories burned doing P90X.

Oh so brilliant!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    keyboardrage4ov.gif

This makes me crack up every single time, speaking of blood....
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    keyboardrage4ov.gif

LMFAO!!!!

My sentiments exactly!
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    For all the sarcastic, mean people out there, this is the FIRST time I have been on a diet where I count calories. I was only asking because I wanted to know if I should be concerned that the gain would be something that would take me the whole month to burn off again. Don't get RUDE, like someone said on here, If you dont like the post then DONT OPEN IT. Thanks for all the support from the others. It was a simple question and I was making conversation. No need for the attitudes.