edited September 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone have a day where they eat what they want or treat day

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Every Saturday and Sunday.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a little on vacations. Even then it is all logged to the best of my ability.

I have plenty of treats and treat meals but they all fit in my weekly calorie budget.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Everyday. But usually weekends.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    I usually have Brunch (Pancakes or French Toast) at my fave Restaurant on both Saturday and Sunday. I usually rearrange the day so it fits within my calorie limit. I also replace what is not a favourite; for example cucumbers for homefries . It is still a “treat” put planned✨
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a little on vacations. Even then it is all logged to the best of my ability.
    <snip>

So much this. If you decide you want a treat; fine. But don't pretend it didn't happen. Your body knows you ate it, so you should account for it if you want to use your data to fine-tune your weight management.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Does anyone have a day where they eat what they want or treat day

Yes, About once a fortnight or so I get bread and cheese and most likely some chocolate or maybe ice cream, and do not count the calories for that day. I balance this by eating a little under my calories the rest of the time and by keeping up my walking so it has no affect on my weight loss.

Works for me. :D
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Treats IMO, are what one uses to train a dog. Eat a reasonable diet on a regular basis.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    freda78 wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Treats IMO, are what one uses to train a dog. Eat a reasonable diet on a regular basis.

You do what suits you and I will do what suits me.

Woof!

And that is why my post said IMO.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    I eat what I want when I want as long as it fits within my calories. Every few weeks I’ll have a meal (not a full day) that will put me over my daily limit but not over maintenance. If I do a full day of eating what I want I could easily do some damage.
  • yvonne_beavis
    yvonne_beavis Posts: 39 Member
    Most weeks I have an uncounted main meal, either take away or in a restaurant. It really doesn't matter if overall you are in deficit for the week, and it's nice to look forward to.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member
    I rarely eat 'all I want': only on special occasions, and even then I log everything and am mindful of quantities.

I have treats every day though, within my calories.

And occasionally I give myself some leeway and go over my calories when I feel the need (fatigue, my period,... Or just because). It all evens out with the days where I'm a bit under my calories.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I eat what I want every day, and always have a treat. Special occasions, holidays, etc. I sometimes eat over my calorie budget, but right back at it the next day. For too many years I used, “I’ll start again tomorrow” as an excuse for letting days become, weeks, months, years. It can’t happen again. So I eat what I like/want, any food goes, with a daily treat, and, staying in a calorie deficit. It dorks for me, but everyone has to find what works for themselves.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Today!!! It's a Ben and Jerry's day. :) I bought a pint yesterday and am looking forward to my 'happy place' tonight while reading a book. I cut calories throughout the week, working towards that one weekly indulgence. So far, it's worked for me. When it stops working, I'll tighten things up(I hope).
    I allowed myself way too many treats during the holidays at Christmastime and it took me several weeks to get back on track, gaining 20+ lbs. in the meantime. :( Feeling MUCH better about where I'm at ATM, I allow myself that one weekly extravagant indulgence.

IMO what would life be like if we didn't allow ourselves treats and rewards sometimes? A treat/reward being anything,.... from a pint of ice cream, a day off, special date, a new book or whatever can make you happy??
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    So yes, I've been doing this since I entered maintenance a few months ago. I'll eat at a deficit during the week (its just hard for me to keep my calories up at maintenance levels) and then splurge on the weekends. So my weight graph chart looks like a seismograph but it averages out for me so my weight stays within my maintenance "range".

It's been fun during the summer/warm months but not sure how sustainable it will be long term? But yes, I do have a "splurge" day!