Paddleboard / Windsurfer?

Options
I jokingly said on another thread that I’d like to try paddle boarding, or get back into windsurfing, but we both drive micro convertible Smart cars. I would never consider getting rid of them

Just looking randomly at amazon, I see a whole series of inflatable paddle boards.

Anyone got any experience with them? Is an inflatable worth the effort? Or is it a POS?

I used to race Hobie Cats (competed with 14Turbo and 16, husband had a 17 when we got married) thirty five years ago, and also had Mistral and Bic sailboards. I would be thrilled to find something manageable to get back into sailing or windsurfing again, but I have totally lost touch with what’s out there. Maybe there’s something manageable for a tiny car.

A singlehand is fine. I liked to tune and go fast, hubs was always a daysailor.

We have a BloKart, which is a three wheel land kart with an adjustable sail. It breaks down into small enough pieces it’s manageable with an iron basket on the back of the car, so it seems there might be a boat or board that would be tiny car friendly these days?

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any intriguing suggestions.

Replies

• sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have an inflatable SUP and it's fantastic! Fits easily in my small car and it's lightweight and easy to carry. As long as it's pumped up to the right psi, it's plenty sturdy. I'd recommend getting an electric pump though. It's a hell of an arm workout to pump it manually 💪