I’m back. Hypothyroid and needing to loose 10kg

Options
Have been getting weight over last 3-4 years particularly now working from home. F 58.
Looking for other late 50’s short women who have hypothyroidism too. Working on 1200cal.

Replies

• pinaycoco
    pinaycoco Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    elijandou wrote: »
    Have been getting weight over last 3-4 years particularly now working from home. F 58.
    Looking for other late 50’s short women who have hypothyroidism too. Working on 1200cal.

I have hypothyroidism also - and Hashimoto's. It's so damn hard. I was doing so well and then I put on 5kg in three months.
  • elijandou
    elijandou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyway day 3 and I am diligently tracking. Trying not to think about weight loss. Just thinking about tracking. Not expecting too much as I get quite disappointed when I don’t lose. I know I should have gone out today for a walk but it is a bit miserable here in nz at this time of the year. Will force myself to gym after dinner.
    Hour long have you been working on weight?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If your thyroid is appropriately treated to bring your thyroid levels to normal, you should have no special trouble losing weight. Make sure to take your Levothyroxine (Synthroid) every day as prescribed and make sure your doctor monitors your thyroid levels.
  • Sadielady123456
    Options
    I have Hashimoto too but my thyroid levels are normal. I am 47 and struggling to lose weight but found eating foods that do not aggravate my body helps a lot. Therefore, I don’t eat gluten, dairy, eggs, tomatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms.
  • Sadielady123456
    Options
    Caffeine can be bad too...I drink lemon hot water to help suppress my appetite and act like tea of coffee replacement. Be encouraged, you can do it!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Food sensitivities are odd and individual. I'm fine with gluten but really can't eat tomatoes. Too many of those and my mouth even buzzes like it's thinking about anaphylaxis! Do what works for you!