FLAX SEED MEAL = A must buy.

Options
Bob's Red Mill Flax Seed Meal is a must buy.. I pretty much add flax seed to everything now. My kashi go lean cereal, my oatmeal, my ezekiel whole grain sprouted bread, my brown rice.. my protein smoothies.. even in my greek yogurt.

Definitely is great for health and keeps me full longer. One tablespoon is only 30 cals as well :) Just thought i'd share!!

Replies

• channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Great fiber and Omega-3's... I use flaxseed oil with just about every meal.
  • Brandeze
    Options
    Wow, I never tried flax seed meal, I have been afraid of the taste, Does it taste like oats or anything in particular?
    Just wondering, thanks for sharing!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    a few friends do that, I will have to look into it.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing,
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    Wow, I never tried flax seed meal, I have been afraid of the taste, Does it taste like oats or anything in particular?

It honestly has a TINNNNNY bit of a little "nutty" taste to it.. but it's so little that you can hardly taste anything. It's really good to add to all your foods!! :) and no problem!
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Personally I like it, but I think it tastes sort of bitter. The kids HATE it with a violent passion and can detect it in anything.

If you are into the Omega-3's I am told that cold milled is better, but that might be a marketing gimmick. I did notice a difference in color between the cold milled style I brought home and the Bob's I had left - Bob's was darker.
  • channa007
    Options

You can do pill form too. That's what I do.
  • channa007
    Options
    Wild Salmon is also very good for Omega-3's as well as your allotment of fish oil, and protein also necessary...