Calorie Intake/Weight Gain Questions

Options
I would love to lose 2lbs a week but can't figure out what my calorie needs would be for that kind of weight loss I am automatically directed to 1.5lbs/week lose. I am 5'2" and currently 190lbs I am a secretary 3days a week and SAHM chasing 2 boys 4 days a week so I put sedentary active although I am surely active but I figure I was just as active when I gained all this weight. I am doing Couch 2 5 K right now and some days its just me but like today I had to push both boys (40lbs & 25lbs) in our Bob Double Jogger that is a load !! I didn't get all my running sessions in they were just too much to push.

Also crazy observation I have .. the 2 days I have gone over my calories I have actually lost more weight that day ...why is that ?? I excerised the same ............. I know its not what is recommended but I weigh myself each day just so I can montior my intake and it really has helped me I realize when I need more water or when I have taken in to much sodium etc. I really need it and I only really "count" my weight 1x a week (Sunday). Normally I am up 2lbs by the time I shower but the last time and tonight (both days I have gone over) I am only up .8lbs for the day ................. hoping I can break 189 in the morning :):)

Any thoughts/recommendations/etc.

Replies

• tobsam2
    Options
    I feel ya with the pushing of the tots! I have two boys that are 17 months apart. This year . . . they are 6 and 5 now . . . is the first year they haven't accompanied me on my runs and that is soley due to school and more free time for me. Nearly 5 years of pushing them in my giganta jogging stroller. It is hard, but your body will adapt, just be patient. Pushing them actually did incredible things for my arms and back, toning wise.
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job pushing 2 kids! I push the little girl I nanny (19months and only 30 lbw) and do the hills around us and I'm beat after! I also lose more weight when I eat more! It's a good thing :) Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That happened to me, and I know it was so weird. I was doing so well, mainly just vegetables and fish and I was losing like .5 pounds a day on average. Then, on Labor day, I had McDonalds. A Supersize Nugget Meal AND a McDOuble hamburger, and a large coke!! I felt bad that I broke protocol, but I was determined to face the damage I had done and just work to get it off again. Imagine my surprise when the next morning I had lost 2 pounds! WEIRD! and I continued on on my veggies and fish and I've been losing almost constantly like it never happened. I'm not asking..I'm just grateful to God!! :) Maybe the sudden intak of calories just jumpstarted my metabolism which had adjusted to the new thing, and it totally torched those calories or something...I dunno.
    "Ours is not to wonder why, Ours it but to do or die."
  • xunsungxherox
    Options
    Chances are your body is in the fabled "starvation mode" i dont personally believe in it but there is a lot of information online about it. i read about it here.

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/03/mtyhbusters-starvation-mode.html

I am trying to keep my calorie intake low, as it seems to work for me and im hoping that i will burn my bodys fatty deposits before i up my calories when i approach normal body fat level.

However there are a lot of people that believe in the above method would reccommend reading into it.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Thanks :) After my bad day yesterday I was down to 189.2 which is great :) I am defintly going to read into this and play around some and see what I am doing wrong !! I have atleast 54lbs left to drop before I reach my goal so I really dont want to eat back my excerise calories ! unless I have too