Relationship help.

Options
ok so Ive been talking to this girl for about a month and I really like her and she really likes me. I told her that I would ask her out next time see her and she was happy. It's been 3 days since then and we still haven't met up and she has track everyday so it's hard to get together. I'm am so tempted to ask her out over text message but idk If shed appreciate that as much as me asking her in person. What should I do?!? Let me know people!!

By the way this would be my first girlfriend. So I want to make this work!

Replies

• RichGebs
    Options
    ok so Ive been talking to this girl for about a month and I really like her and she really likes me. I told her that I would ask her out next time see her and she was happy. It's been 3 days since then and we still haven't met up and she has track everyday so it's hard to get together. I'm am so tempted to ask her out over text message but idk If shed appreciate that as much as me asking her in person. What should I do?!? Let me know people!!

She'd**
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, text it out.

Explain "I'd rather ask face to face, but our schedules don't seem to be lining up. I don't wanna miss a chance with someone I care so much about. Would you like to xyz?"
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ask her in PERSON! Good luck :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What about asking her over the phone?
  • kbrown1171
    Options
    Do it! Just tell her you had wanted to ask her in person but haven't been able to meet up with her. DO IT! :happy:
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'd go ahead and send the text. Just tell her you want to get together and wanted to ask her in person but you both have crazy schedules so texting seemed okay this time. Let her know you can't wait to see her!
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Hmm it could work but idk if she would appreciate anything over the phone as much as in person. And man I haven't called anyone in forever!! It's all texting now lol :p
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Vote no text,

Call her or ask in person...
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I agree with what Red says. :)
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I agree with what Red says. :)
  • han38
    Options
    Well since you already told her you are going to ask her out I think text is okay and as an earlier post said just say you'd rather do it face to face but you haven't seen her for a few days etc. I don't get why you didn't just ask her out the other day instead of telling her you were going to do it next time!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options

^^This^^ Pick up the phone and call. If she doesn't answer, leave a message for her to call you back
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options

^^This^^ Pick up the phone and call. If she doesn't answer, leave a message for her to call you back
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like Redfie1d's advice, if it's a last resort. What about sending her a text along the lines of...

"Hey I haven't seen you in a few days There's something I'd like to ask you in person. can we meet sometime tomorrow?"

So you aren't really asking her out over text but you are setting up the meeting to ask her out.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Mail her a letter.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Find 5 minutes after school/before she has track and arrange to meet then. Then ask her out.

Don't ask her out via a text or an email. In person, and if that can't work, then do it over the phone. Personal touch is best!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Yes.

What is it with kids these days and how they always seem to forget that their phone isn't just a texting machine and can actually act as a (*gasp*) phone too?

Now get off my lawn.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Okay...too confusing here.

Have you already met her in person?(seems so by your post)
    How far away from each other are you?
    Have you suggested what the date will be?
    Did you make the mistake of entering the hellish death of the "friend zone" ?

Just ask her and yes as a guy it sucks to be the one rejected but such is life.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    How have you been "talking the last few days"? How do you know her? Make an EFFORT and talk to her in person... don't text her out on a date.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Find 5 minutes after school/before she has track and arrange to meet then. Then ask her out.

Don't ask her out via a text or an email. In person, and if that can't work, then do it over the phone. Personal touch is best!
    [/quote

I would do that but she is in another school in my district and I couldn't make it there before track. ]