30-Something Moms - New Support Group

Options

Replies

• hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    As previously stated, I'm a mom of four (11- 7.5-3-1.5) and I gained weight with each of them. I've been using MFP for a month and a half now and have lost 12-13 pounds but I've kind of flatlined. I can't seem to get past this point. I'm on 1200 cal x day and am usually good about sticking to that. and I exercise at least 5 days a week. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    PS all Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I want to join!
    I'm 30 something, a mom and want to loose some weight.
    Hope we can support each other. I've added my goals at teh bottome of the list

Lady Friday - Lose 16 lbs, 8 cups water pd, exercise 6 dpw, keep calories under 1200 pd.
    Goofy -
    Pam - Lose 10 lbs by Halloween, 15 cups of water a day, exercise 6 days a week, twice a day...maintain a 1600-1800 calorie range
    Mareen - 5 lbs
    Audram -
    Momma2Ace3 -
    Obrien - 5-10
    Lula -
    Kara -
    BossJJB -
    Danielle -
    Babbe -
    Minussam - Loose 8 pounds by Halloween, walk 60 km in Sep and at least 60 in Oct, do more toning exercise, drink my water
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Closed Group is a perfect way to contain the group. I think who ever is in this group should MFP friend each other to motivate each other along.

Maybe a spreadsheet needs to be created as well to keep the weigh ins consistent and accurate?

Just a few thoughts!
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Closed Group is a perfect way to contain the group. I think who ever is in this group should MFP friend each other to motivate each other along.

Maybe a spreadsheet needs to be created as well to keep the weigh ins consistent and accurate?

Just a few thoughts!

Forgive my stupidity... but how do you become "friends" on here? :)
  • LadyFriday
    Options
    30moms.jpg

Lady Friday - 0/15
    Goofy - 0/?
    Pam - 0/10
    Mareen - 0/5
    Audram - 0/?
    Momma2Ace3 - 0/?
    Obrien - 0/8
    Lula - 0/?
    Kara - 0/8
    BossJJB - 0/?
    Danielle - 0/?
    Babbe - 0/?
    WingMistress - 0/?
    Lisa - 0/5
    Apesid -0/15
    Hperowl - 0/?
    Minussam - 0/8

Ok Ladies - I'm making a executive decision and CLOSING the group NOW. If you missed out on joining this challenge, don't worry because the 30 SOMETHING MOMS will be starting a new challenge in NOVEMBER. If you requested to join prior to this post and I missed you, please let me know so I can add you to the list.

I need Halloween Weight Loss Goals from the following people:

Goofy - 0/?
    Audram - 0/?
    Momma2Ace3 - 0/?
    Lula - 0/?
    BossJJB - 0/?
    Danielle - 0/?
    Babbe - 0/?
    WingMistress - 0/?
    Hperowl - 0/?
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 5 more by October 31. That would be awesome!!! :) I think you've got it but in case you didn't.
    also my name is Maureen not Mareen.

Thanks!
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm only 30 minutes late... Please let me in!

I'm very tech savvy... Happy to do up a spreadsheet if that tips the scales in my favour!

Lisa :)
  • LadyFriday
    Options
    Alright PrettyPooks, you twisted my arm! Your in!
  • LadyFriday
    Options
    FINAL, FINAL LIST :SMILE:

Apesid G:15
    Audram
    Babbe
    BossJJB
    Danielle
    Goofy
    Hperowl
    Kara G:8
    Lady Friday G:15
    Lisa G:5
    Lula
    Maureen G:5
    Minussam G:8
    Momma2Ace3
    Obrien G:8
    Pam
    PrettyPooks
    WingMistress

:happy: PLEASE GET YOUR GOALS IN THIS WEEK. FIRST WEIGH IN IS MONDAY SEPT 12! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!:happy:
  • pammyedmunds
    Options
    We can do this! We all have realistic goals!
  • apesid
    Options
    We can do this! We all have realistic goals!

I was just thinking mine might be a little ambitious... lol! I don't want to "fail" right out of the gate so I might lower mine. Thoughts?
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late getting in my goal. My daughter just had surgery on her eye and I've kinda been out of it. Won't happen again! My ideal goal is to loose 10lbs. That may be pushing it but I'm determined to do it! Keep me on track guys! Kick my butt if I start slacking!!!!:noway:

9682602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Halloween Challenge Goals:

Lady Friday - Lose 16 lbs, 8 cups water pd, exercise 6 dpw, keep calories under 1200 pd.
    Goofy -
    Pam - Lose 10 lbs by Halloween, 15 cups of water a day, exercise 6 days a week, twice a day...maintain a 1600-1800 calorie range
    Mareen - 5 lbs
    Audram -
    Momma2Ace3 -
    Obrien - 5-10
    Lula -
    Kara -
    BossJJB -
    Danielle -
    Babbe - Lose 5 pounds by Halloween, 8 cups of water a day, at least 1 cup of tea a day, workout 5x a week, and eat 1200 cals but under my cal goals everyday.
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! Can you add me? I don't know how this works. Just joined yesterday. i'm learning though. Thanks!

Well I just seen I'm too late. Is there anything else like this? I need motivation.
  • apesid
    Options
    I'd like to change my goal to 10 lbs. Thanks!
  • momma2ace3
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs by 10/31 and run my first 5K!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Goofy -
    Mareen - 5 lbs

Audram - I'm sticking to getting to 155lbs by halloween = 5lbs. to lose. run at least 2 miles straight by halloween.

Momma2Ace3 -
    Obrien - 5-10
    Lula -
    Kara -
    BossJJB -
    Danielle -
    Babbe - Lose 5 pounds by Halloween, 8 cups of water a day, at least 1 cup of tea a day, workout 5x a week, and eat 1200 cals but under my cal goals everyday
  • pammyedmunds
    Options
    Update to my calorie range..as per the personal trainers at the gym I need to be consuming at least 2100 calories a day for the amount of exercise I am doing. Plus I am training for my first 5K on the end of the month. Hopefully this works!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just saw this, I would love to be a part of it!! Please add me!!