I'm so close I can taste it now!

I have now lost close to 78 pounds, down to 193.8 with a goal of 180. Less than 14 pounds to go and can't wait. I can't wait and can't believe it. I got down to 200 last June and stayed there till August this year when I decided to make my move to get to the eventual goal of 180. Now down to 193.8. what an incredible crazy, long, and interesting journey. Hate to use the cliche word of "journey" but it really has been. Excited to see 180 on the scale and see what these last 14 pounds will look like off and to see what the ultimate goal of 180 looks like. This site has helped immensely.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Way to go!! Keep the dedication high, the last 15 can be harder than the first 15. 🤗🤗
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Way to go!! Keep the dedication high, the last 15 can be harder than the first 15. 🤗🤗

Thank you. I guess I should have posted this is the success stories section, sorry.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Fantastic effort to get to where you are now. As lorrpb says, the last 14 can be harder (and you shouldn't be aiming to lose much more than 0.5lb a week either, so it'll take a while), but you know you can do it. Don't try to push for a fast weight loss - that's invariably what causes people to give up quicker, as their deficit is too large. Over the coming months, at a slower rate, you'll get more idea of portion sizes and what you can / can't eat at your new weight.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Just keep taking it one day at a time, and that day will come. You've already "practiced" maintenance, so you'll be in good shape for the long haul. I know not everyone thinks of it this way, but to my mind, successful maintenance is regaining and re-losing the last 5 pounds over & over. As long as I'm in that 5-pound range, I count it as a "W." In that sense, the "journey" doesn't ever end, it just looks a little different as you build success on top of success. Press on!
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    Thank you for the advice, appreciate it. It's gonna take a while to get this last 14 pounds off that's for sure. I basically did maintenance for a year so I know what that is and how to do that. That's the good news. When I get to 180 I will know that to do. Eye on the prize right now.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Good for you, especially having already gained experience of maintenance!