Did MFP limit our choices?

I've been using MFP for around 2 years. A few days ago, my food diary disappeared from my phone and only the main icon (blue w/outline of person).
I signed on. But only 3 categories were there = a circle with fat + 2 more. The line enties were difficult as this version didn't access my food diary, so I had to search every food I consumed 😢
I know MFP is trying to get people to go to premium, but I'm a pensioner. My foid choices are: calories, sugar, potassium, fat, fibre, protein.
Is MFP planning to have us lose these choices, plus water unless we pay?
Thx for any info/help.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,828 Member
    It had to be a glitch ... MFP has had many glitches lately ... I wasn't able to get on the community for 2 days ..it is all working now
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 989 Member
    It doesn't look any different to me. I mostly use my laptop but have just checked the app on my phone and that looks Ok too.

Not entirely sure what page you're looking at / where your categories are missing from, but I'll assume you mean the Diary page. In my diary, for today, I see columns for Calories, Saturated(fat), Sugars, Protein, Carbs & Fiber -which are the things I'm most interested in.

There were issues with the forums a few days ago so maybe there were other issues too. If it's still the same now,go to the Help link and send a note to the IT team.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    The web site has been particularly glitchy lately. Go away and come back in a few hours and it seems to fix itself. This sort of thing has gone on for all the years I've belonged to MFP so don't sweat it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    ive been here for 8 years and glitches are constant.

and why i wont pay for premium ;)

usually if one platform doesnt work, try another (so if your phone app isnt working right, get on mfp and log in from a computer or vice versa)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    My phone gives me fewer ingredient/food options than the website and in a completly different order (not most recent at the top even though it says this is how they are ordered). However, I have found most things I was looking for, some relating to entries made back in 2015! Annoyingly, I also can't access these English-lanugage forums from my (Geman) phone. :(
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I've been using MFP for around 2 years. A few days ago, my food diary disappeared from my phone and only the main icon (blue w/outline of person).
    I signed on. But only 3 categories were there = a circle with fat + 2 more. The line enties were difficult as this version didn't access my food diary, so I had to search every food I consumed 😢
    I know MFP is trying to get people to go to premium, but I'm a pensioner. My foid choices are: calories, sugar, potassium, fat, fibre, protein.
    Is MFP planning to have us lose these choices, plus water unless we pay?
    Thx for any info/help.

MFP is glitchy. Sometimes they will make a fix but you won't be fixed until you sign out, clear your cache, and sign back in.

Also, if you have access to a desktop as well, try that.
  • castoridae1
    castoridae1 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks everyone! I was able to get the full url for food diary. From an old phone and got everything back.