Optavia

Is anyone else doing the Optavia/MediFast plan? I am on the 5&1 and would like to connect with people on a similar journey.

Replies

• renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    I am on Optavia and been on it for 5 weeks. I started on 8/8/20. Are you still on the plan?
  • jpgebbie2
    jpgebbie2 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm doing the plan and really finding it easy. The food was an adjustment, but now I like it. I am 56 and no kids at home. I find it nice not to have to really cook and clean dishes during the day and enjoy a healthy dinner with my husband. The lean and green recipes are pretty good. I started at 247 in late August and am now 212. Feeling really good. Will power like I have never had before. People raved about the sleep, but that took awhile. I now sleep great - just drink my water earlier so I'm not going to the bathroom 5 times a night. Good Luck to you ladies and if you ever want to chat, let me know.
  • rhopar33
    rhopar33 Posts: 29 Member
    I just started Optavia Jan 1,2022. I did the Medifast version about 8 years ago and lost lots of weight. I am having a wedding vow renewal in Mexico in March and my goal is to lose as close to 30 lbs as possible in two months. I am also drinking a gallon of water per day. Can't really exercise due to knee mobility so I'm solely relying upon the diet.
  • lindyhehu
    lindyhehu Posts: 1 Member
    @rhopar33 I hope you are feeling and looking great for your upcoming vow renewal! I'm on the transition off of optavia on my way to maintenance and I'm so thankful that this plan has provided me rapid initial results, AS WELL AS a realistic plan for the future. (I don't think anybody who has actually followed the plan, and read through and really studied the nutrition maintenance advice in the most recent books that come with the plan would have negative feedback for you - as I'm sure it has also been updated in the past 8 years). I'm sure you'll do great.