motivate me

Options

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    miltonsama wrote: »
    pls!

The only person who can motivate you, is you. What are your goals? What are the REASONS you want to achieve those goals? That should give you your motivation.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Motivation and willpower are limited resources. They run out because they're rooted in emotions.
    It's too exhausting for our friends and family members to keep us propped up. Dig deep to the roots and find your deeper reason for getting fit. Start doing your own research. Those who do retain the most.

Start fighting for what you really want out of this life. There are too many missed opportunities from sitting on the couch at the speed of zero. Get in the ring and start dancin.' Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.
  • seder538
    seder538 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship. Get up, get to the fu$$ing gym and get it done!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    seder538, you're a self-starter and you know how to get it done.

Generally speaking, always. We need to show UP for ourselves the way we show up for our jobs. We don't have any problems jumping out of bed and hitting the floor running when it comes to the boss. If we don't, we'll find the door hitting us in the rearend. We won't last anywhere.

It's not bragging if it's true. I am surrounded with self-starters. If they don't get UP and hit it, the livestock won't eat and the well will run dry. They're strong and have to depend on themselves to get everything done by the end of day. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. We are bent on survival out here.

These hard working people actually have a normal relationship with food. They believe hard work and good food fixes everything. Not one of them has ever dieted. They're my heroes. One older cowboy didn't have a phone and he froze to death last winter. He ran out of wood for his woodburning stove and no one had stopped by to check on him. He went out of here with his boots on.

There are times I don't know how to relate to all of the foo-foo stuff. We're living in uncertain times but that's not any different than the generations and generations before me. None of them had it easy. The half has not been told.

Back in the Old West, no one had to diet because they were too busy dodging bullets. A country girl can survive.
    Every single one of us needs to find the deeper reasons for taking care of our health. Find meaning for being uncomfortable in your own skin.

That's your innermost being telling you that there's more to life. So much more. We need to wring everything out of it we can. Take the bull by the horns and bravely deal. Do it again tomorrow.

• IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Figure out WHY you want or need to.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    As others have said....you have to figure out how or what motivates you yourself.