2,000 days logging streak.

Options
LiquifyMe
LiquifyMe Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
2,000 days logging

Tomorrow morning I’ll hit my 2,000th day straight of logging my food and activities in My Fitness Pal.

I used it originally to lose 70 pounds. Then to maintain. This past fall I did a reverse diet to boost my metabolism and increase my baseline caloric needs. It’s been fun originally using it for lower carbs/calories, through marathon training and then to help me build more muscle in the weight room.

I’d love to hear from others who have been on similar streaks. I’m super excited because I know that tracking what I do is a big part of my success as it comes to losing, maintaining and staying active. It’s just become what I do and part of my routine and who I am.

❤️❤️❤️

Jodi

Replies

• prasiljan
    prasiljan Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    excellent logging streak 👍. I am not as far, just 750 🙄.
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is impressive. I'm only at 620.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, you look great! You've done some freaking fantastic work! Way to go!

I hit 2400 yesterday. I also used it to lose 70 pounds, then I trained for and completed a half marathon, and managed (mostly) my diet while I was spending lots of time at schooling (I'm in my 40s and decided I needed to go back to school). Just recently I've put a bit of weight back on and am back on the losing-train for a few months... but MFP allowed me to be aware of what was going on, so there's that.
  • LiquifyMe
    Options
    you guys all sound like amazing MFP people. Keep it up!
  • LiquifyMe
    Options
    Sounds similar to me. Yay on the running. I still run but love lifting weights more so I’m a hybrid now.

MFP holds me accountable and knowing what’s going on. It doesn’t mean my eating is perfect. It doesn’t judge. But it does let me see what I’m up to.

Congrats on your 2400. I’m 48. But my 18 year olds are the ones soon to be going to college. Not me.

What are you studying?

Congrats again.

JustSomeEm wrote: »

I hit 2400 yesterday. I also used it to lose 70 pounds, then I trained for and completed a half marathon, and managed (mostly) my diet while I was spending lots of time at schooling (I'm in my 40s and decided I needed to go back to school). Just recently I've put a bit of weight back on and am back on the losing-train for a few months... but MFP allowed me to be aware of what was going on, so there's that.

• RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Incredible work! The calorie counter is great. I'm only on my first week here. :)

I was having 3,500 calories before and now I'm having 3,200 calories on training days and 3,000 calories on non-training days as I am also interested in losing those few exra lbs after a long bulk.

If only we could permabulk and only gain muscle and strength. :D
  • sarah20397
    sarah20397 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! Amazing logging, congratulations!
  • JustSomeEm
    Options
    LiquifyMe wrote: »
    Sounds similar to me. Yay on the running. I still run but love lifting weights more so I’m a hybrid now.

MFP holds me accountable and knowing what’s going on. It doesn’t mean my eating is perfect. It doesn’t judge. But it does let me see what I’m up to.

Congrats on your 2400. I’m 48. But my 18 year olds are the ones soon to be going to college. Not me.

What are you studying?

Congrats again.

Thanks! I'm 41 with an 18 year old who just started his freshman year of college last fall (and another kiddo who is a freshman in High School). I completed one program last march (undergrad in Psychology), and just recently I've gone back to school to get a master's degree in Criminal Justice, Behavioral Studies.

And yeah, Thanks to MFP I've known I was off the rails for a while - I just didn't care enough to do anything about it until recently. Apathy gave way to holiday cheer... LOL! What type of lifting do you do - are you using a program? I figured out that lifting helped keep me from becoming an injured runner, so I lift a very little when I'm training for something but I haven't found a program I like enough to stick to when I'm not training. Do you have any suggestions?
  • JustSomeEm
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm at 2345 today. :)

Logging in here and planning/tracking my food is a habit for me. These are a couple of the things that has helped me to maintain my 80+ pound weight loss for several years with ease.

That's totally awesome!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm at 2345 today. :)

Logging in here and planning/tracking my food is a habit for me. These are a couple of the things that has helped me to maintain my 80+ pound weight loss for several years with ease.

That's totally awesome!

Thanks so much!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @LiquifyMe Thanks for showing us the way and letting us know that all of this is really possible.

"MFP holds me accountable and knowing what’s going on. It doesn’t mean my eating is perfect. It doesn’t judge. But it does let me see what I’m up to."

You're right. MFP doesn't judge you at all. Not one time does it ever reach out and say you really shouldn't be eating that today.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My current streak is 3545 days (about 9.7 years), but that's only because we were at Disney World and I refused to pay for internet access while there. It's expensive enough already. I kept track of my meals and exercise and later entered it into MyFitnessPal when we returned home. I don't know what my streak was prior to Disney, but was probably a couple hundred.

These days it isn't as hard to keep a streak going because of the mobile app. We all seem to carry a smartphone and it's easy to login each day. Ten years ago the app didn't exist and I didn't have a smartphone.
  • deschaaf
    deschaaf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hit 3,451 today.
  • deschaaf
    deschaaf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh, and 70 years old.... 🤓
  • everestep
    everestep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1125