To eat - or not to eat???

Options
I have somehow managed to acquire an excess of 800+ cals today. Do I eat them? I tried to eat a big dinner to use them up (was at 1400+ before dinner!) Now I'm pretty full. I don't want to stuff myself, but I don't want my body to think it's starving either?

Sorry, I'm so new to all of this!

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories sometimes and sometimes I don't...if you are getting the amount you need...over 1200...you should be okay not eating them. If you are hungry...I would eat them.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i eat about half, never all...works best for me
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable I would say don't stuff yourself. I would check to see where the excess calories came from - if it was from the tracker on this site and not an HRM I woud be careful - I have read many posts that say the calories are over exaggerated on this site. If you know you are going to accumulate extra calories (say you workout after work) maybe try eating an extra piece of fruit or an energy bar prior to the work out. Either way I wouldn't stuff yourself. Good Luck and congrats on the burn:flowerforyou:
  • Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I try to hit between 1200-1400 calories a day, sometime I eat my exercise calories and sometimes I don't. I think the key here is that you're not hungry so I wouldn't worry about it!
  • I never eat all of my extra calories, if I have eatin my daily goal not including exercise I will eat a few but not all.
  • chasidieason
    Options
    Cool - thanks so much for the input everyone!

Usually, I'm within a couple hundred or so and I don't sweat it. But I haven't been in this situation yet! I think it's because I had a light lunch and also hit the gym after work.

Since I'm feeling satisfied, I think I'll just call it a day. You guys are the best!:bigsmile:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't force yourself to eat. It's better to go 1 day low on calories (it's going consistently too low on calories that will make your body think it's starving) than to eat when you aren't hungry. The habit of ignoring the body's satiety cues is what got many of us overweight in the first place, so learning to stop when you're full is important!