introduction

cathaynes
cathaynes Posts: 7
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Cathy. I'm new to fitnesspal and never really needed this until recently. I began "comfort" eating about 6 months ago and have gained about 15 pounds. I'm 39 and I feel like my metabolism has stopped! I need a LOT of motivation! Look forward to chatting soon!:smile:

Replies

• Hi, My name is Mary. My son introduced me to MFP and I am really enjoying it. I have been drinking Shakeology shakes since middle of June and have been on a plateau. Mike told me to start logging food. Last week I lost 4 pounds. So now I am logging in my food diary, walking and doing the Shakeology 30 minute workout.

I had a knee injury last summer and ended up have it replaced in October. That did not go well...but I am doing a lot better now so hoping to get more of this weight off to help my knee and my back.

I love reading the messages and hope to motivate anyone if they need it. I know there are times that I do. Food is my comfort.

Mary:smile:
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Hi Cathy and Mary,
    Good luck on your weight loss goals!!!
  • I'm not familiar with Shakeology. How does it taste? Is it a meal replacement? I just started the Couch to 5K. Only takes 30 minutes and its a nice day. I have to switch up my exercise because I get bored very easily. Food is my comfort too!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I have found this site/app to be absolutely invaluable. Feel free to add me for extra support!
This discussion has been closed.