:) Hi Guys

Heyyyy guys, Im new too this, I was recently Diagnosed with Hypothyroidsm, at the age of 20 that was a shock to the system, I was constantly yoyo dieting, and reached my heaviest weight last week. Ive been sticking to my diet thoughrougly, and hope I make new friends and Inspirations, Im trying too change my lifestyle not just the way I look at food, also Im going to ibiza next year, I want to finally wear a bikini like all my beautiful skinny friends :)

xoxo

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 429 Member
    Hello! I've got an under active thyroid and it's a *****. I really don't like it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • I know right???!! It feels about a million times harder too loose weight, not because it actually is, but people keep telling me I wont! Im going to prove them all wrong I can beat this, and prove to people! yeyyy :)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 429 Member
    I've been proving people wrong myself! Granted it's taken me a year to lose 15 pounds. BUT I'm losing it!
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Welcome, I have had an under active thyroid for the past 30 years. I never had a weight problem due to my thyroid because I was tested yearly and am on the proper dose of medication. My weight problem happened later in life because my bad eating habits finally caught up with me and as you know the metabolism slows down naturally as we age. This site is a great place to get motivation and support to help you stay on track. I applaud you for being so determine to beat this. By eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis you will be way ahead of the game. Good luck and keep up the great attitude!
  • Thank you! , Yess unfortunately for me I found out a little too late, the only reason they tested was because I had put on 6 stone so rapidly, Im not on the right dosage just get (50 micrograms just to start) But ive lost weight already! and will continue too loose weight! :D:) thank you for your support! xoxo
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Welcome to MFP! :D
  • Willow78
    Willow78 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I've been using this for 5 months now and love it!
  • kayla_cloud
    kayla_cloud Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I have an under active thyroid as well. I was diagnosed at age 19 after I was stuck for almost 2 months of not losing any weight with my old work out habits. Now only a few months later I have the weight back on and am really trying to get it off and keep it off this time.