Hello...

Options
Just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself. I used to be an avid soccer player, and never worried about weight, but somehow I find myself almost 20 pounds overweight - a sedentary job, marriage, a love of good wine.... well I'm sure you get the picture.

I really hope that this site will help me to achieve the loss that I am looking for and help me to hold myself accountable.

Best of luck to everyone, and I look forward to losing a little bit with you all... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JazzyGirl15
    Options
    Just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself. I used to be an avid soccer player, and never worried about weight, but somehow I find myself almost 20 pounds overweight - a sedentary job, marriage, a love of good wine.... well I'm sure you get the picture.

I really hope that this site will help me to achieve the loss that I am looking for and help me to hold myself accountable.

Best of luck to everyone, and I look forward to losing a little bit with you all... :flowerforyou:
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Welcome!You will love this site! Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • svillalo
    svillalo Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow - you sound like my soul sister! I am in the same boat...love my husband, love my wine but definitely not loving my new weight. Only three days in to this but it really seems to be the kind of structure I need...
  • JazzyGirl15
    Options
    svillalo - I think trying to give up the wine will be the hardest. I'm trying to give it up for Lent, but I'm also taking on getting my Golden certified to be a therapy dog. I really do like my wine.... sigh... I don't know if I will make it til April 12th. We're also trying to get pregnant, so I would like my weight to be a little lower before that happens. I hate to give up wine before I have to... decisions decisions...

How long have you been married? What are your goals?
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wine's never really been my problem but I do understand getting in a comfort zone. MFP is a great site! I keep it open all day so I can add to it as the day goes by. Good Luck!