How to stop over eating past 3pm

Options
I’m great at exercising , getting steps in and being productive but as soon as 3pm hits I go off my meal prep and eat everything in sight

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but it's hard to help you with so little information. Your food diary is closed and without knowing what you're eating it's hard to say. Giving your stats would also help--weight, height, how much you want to lose, age, daily calorie goal.....
  • WebSpherian
    WebSpherian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All too familiar with how that works.
    My plan for now is to just honestly use the food tracker and be “intimidated” into applying the mental brakes 💪🏻
  • 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I finally managed to stay under 1,800 calories for the first time yesterday. I managed to only have 3 snacks (2 small glasses of Dr Pepper during the day and a bag of crisps at 10pm, when I caved).
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I didn’t know it back when I started, but it wasn’t behavior I needed to figure out. It was WHAT was I eating that drove me to go on crazy binges. I found for me artificial sweeteners (yes even stevia) contributed to 80% of my craving binging. Now if I feel like a crazy binge first thing I do is see if an artificial sweetener has gotten into my day.
  • rrorex
    rrorex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A good way that I've found to stop that habit is to buy things that require effort to prepare. Without easy snacks to grab, binging becomes a chore. It worked for me, and is just an idea.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    I fixed that by NOT EATING IN THE MORNING.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sagilimanoj947
    sagilimanoj947 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best way i do is just eat nutritional food and have a nap after 3pm so that you dont overeat.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    - Is your calorie budget too low? How fast are you trying to lose? If you're set at 2 lbs per week, could you try 1 pound per week?
    - Try changing how much you eat, when. Like @ninerbuff says, I don't eat much in the mornings. That leaves me more food in the evening.
    - Try changing your habits. Give yourself something to do in that time.
    - Get rid of things that are easy to eat, except for fruits and vegetables.
    - The process takes time. Keep trying until you can do it. Practice makes perfect.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Be full before 3pm. Not hungry, won't eat.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    The best way i do is just eat nutritional food and have a nap after 3pm so that you dont overeat.

i dont think either of those suggestions is very helpful - not many people want to eat start eating chicken liver - that is what spam links to, don't bother clicking on it, have reported.

and having an afternoon nap after 3 pm might be a lifestyle thing some people like - I have an afternoon nap on weekends sometimes - but isnt likely to have any impact on eating amounts nor be something people want to do just for that reason.