Bootcamp calorie question

Options
Hello!! I'm new to this all and need to know if anyone has advice for me. I do bootcamp classes and they aren't in the list at all--does anyone have suggestions for what you use or an approximate guess of calories burned?!? Any suggestions would be welcomed!!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I did a boot camp tonight and wore a heart rate monitor. I'm roughly 200 pounds and burned 693 calories in the hour long boot camp. Without a HRM, I'm really not sure how you would estimate calories burned, but I would probably just log it as "circuit training" and use the MFP number.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    when i did bootcamp i logged them as circuit class, but now that i do circuit class i realize i didnt burn nearly that much in bootcamp. which is why i quit it. lol but if yours is tough, log it as circuit class.
  • fastkat
    Options
    I use circuit training as my bootcamp and just input my time. usually around 600 calories per hour
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A Heart Rate Monitor is the best way to go....
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I may be working harder than I need to, but I break it down to running, calisthenics, etc. Depending on your weight and how hard you work, u should be burning ~600-1000 calories in an hour.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM during my bootcamps. They are held outside, and our 'events' Cary from week to week. My lowest burn for the hour was when we did mostly strength (it was 102* out). I burned about 400 cals that night. My highest was last week - lots of running, and sprint sets. 808 cals burned.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would not track more than 600 calories! Investing in an HRM is really the best way to know for sure! But I have several friends that have taken it with HRMs (all different shapes and sizes) and most they burned was 625.

Its hard to know
  • vettermr
    Options
    Thanks All!! I'm so glad I got an answer so quickly!! Now getting a hear rate monitor and hoping the weight comes off as fast as my question was answered--haha!!