Should I eat more calories on my training days or my rest days when dieting?

Options
2»

Replies

• 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I suppose when I'm only doing 20 mins of working out 4x per week, calories on training or rest days don't really matter as I don't need the optimal amount of calories as I'm not pushing myself hard and don't have much muscle to lose.
  • 84creative
    Options
    I'll definitely look to include more leg work other than just running but it's difficult when working from home with just dumbbells. I never know what to do for my hamstrings!
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    84creative wrote: »
    I'll definitely look to include more leg work other than just running but it's difficult when working from home with just dumbbells. I never know what to do for my hamstrings!

I'm not sure what weight db's you have but if they're heavier, you could do stiff leg deadlifts. If they're light, lie on your front (on a bench or something if possible, grab one between your feet and lift. You could also do good mornings holding them to your chest.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

If dumbbells are difficult to load, then find other means with things around the house E.G, loaded suitcase, five gal buckets, couch, tool box, etc...

Use tempos, pauses, less rest times...there are options that will dose useful stress.
  • 84creative
    Options
    My dumbbells go up to 32kg each or I can get one 40.75kg dumbbell if I combine the weights. I'll give some squats and deadlifts a try.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My dumbbells go up to 32kg each or I can get one 40.75kg dumbbell if I combine the weights. I'll give some squats and deadlifts a try.

32kg is good for doing some stiff leg deadlifts for hammies