Been AWOL for a while, made some progress

Options
dts_90
dts_90 Posts: 58 Member
Afternoon guys, been away from forums for a few weeks now, hope everyone is doing well.
Had 2 bereavements in quick succession which has cause havoc in personal life.

However I'm still making progress, nowhere near where I want to be and I still really unhappy with what I see in the mirror, but in comparison - I'm pleased with the progress made in such a short amound of time. (Around 11 weeks)

I'm working from home in the UK - it's a call center job so pretty sedentary lifestyle before lockdown. Coupled with no commute and no real need to go out - I basically ballooned to the biggest I've ever been at around 156kg. All the while knowing in the back of my head that my diet would end up making me very ill.

Started slow with simply changing my diet, but am now at the gym around 4 times per week - 5 if I can make the time.

So yeah, far from where I want to be - but pleased none the less.

7fv7dzc3m63i.jpg

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    You "made some progress?!" My guy, that's a LOT of progress! You look like you feel great and that beard's also coming in super nice! And all this while going through a down period. My condolences to you and any affected family or friends.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the double bereavement - that's a hard hit to take.
    I am fortunate that I am retired and live somewhere where lock down, while an inconvenience, had very little significant impact on my day to day life. Miss my kids and social/group activities of course, but exercise in beautiful places was still easy. But I know many for whom WFH has had such an impact. The idea of it is attractive for many but it does remove the need to actually go outside and exercise. Amazing the difference just not having to walk to the train/tube station can have on ones's health. Congratulations on turning the corner - the difference you have made in 11 weeks is phenomenal- you look leaner and firmer and will reap the benefits of better health. Keep on keeping on - you are doing great!
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss; it's never easy. You've endured and that's a victory. Only 11 weeks? It may not seem like much to you but the noticeable change is immediate. Great job!
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Condolences on the bereavement. That is never an easy thing to deal with. You should be super proud of how far you have come in only 11 weeks! The change is amazing and inspiring. Keep it up!
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My condolences to you and your family, going through a very hard time and you are making great progress. In 11 weeks your progress is amazing you are looking good. Keep it up!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear what you have been going through, and wishing you strength. You seem to be doing very well on the weightloss front. Be kind to yourself; bereavement is a roller coaster...
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    First of all, I am sorry to hear about the personal losses in your life. Second, you look great. You have made some incredible progress. You should be very proud of yourself. Don't beat yourself up too much - life can be a lot sometimes. Give yourself some grace and keep kicking some *kitten*. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!