Lost 50lbs. Mom Passed and I'm Starting Over.

Options
About me: My name is Ash. I'm from Ohio. I just turned 22 and I've been overweight since I was 5. I was so close to my goal weight about a year ago. However, my mom passed away unexpectedly in October and everything changed for me. I didn't have any support at that time and turned back to food to cope. The hardest part is that my mother and I always celebrated occasions with food as a reward so I feel closer to her when I eat the foods we both enjoyed.

I know I've gained everything back thst I lost over the 2 years I was active on MyFitnessPal. It's going to be hard for me especially the first couple weeks I'm on here as I don't have a kitchen available. I have a fridge and a microwave but I know I can make it work. I do not plan to have a specific diet. I plan on sticking to portion control /calorie counting and avoiding foods with extremely high sodium. I don't think I'll make my goals for the first couple weeks but I know I will get there.

I weigh myself tomorrow morning as I have to find my scale since I've moved. I have no doubt that I will have to restart everything and work towards losing 100 lbs all over again. It's something I need to do and I'm determined to stick with it.

Replies

• frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best. The mother/daughter bond is very unique. I'm so sorry that you're going through your loss without the support that you need. Hopefully you'll find support here for your weight loss journey.
  • ordisfan
    ordisfan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am new also and am also getting started with losing the weight I gained BACK, after my parent died.

Give yourself time, you will get there!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I have been there... lost a lot and then due to circumstances I gained it all back. But, we are here! That's what matters. You havent given up! Im so sorry for your loss. Sending you light and love.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is never easy. Good luck with your weight loss you've got this
  • gabrielcurran2243
    Options
    Rule #1 Know that cheat days are essential.