recommend a program equivalent to P90X?

Options
My partner and I have been doing P90X for about 24 weeks now and enjoy it, but are thinking we'd like to find something new. but we are not ready for P90X+ or P90X2....those seems for people in really peak condition. We're not beginners but not at that level either. Does anyone have a suggestion for another program with variety and a balance between cardio and weight training that is at a similar level of difficulty as P90X? I'd love to hear about it!

Replies

• LeenLeGrys
    Options
    I love Chalean Extreme for strength training and cardio. I am now doing P90X and I alternate between the workouts. Chalean is 5 days a week vs. 6 days with P90X, but I usually do a 6th day with yoga or cardio. It's a very well balance program and not quite as challenging as P90X (there are no pull ups for example and the workouts are a little shorter) but I LOVE it. Let me know if you have any other questions. I am a Coach with Beachbody so you can see more workouts if you are interested at www.CoachFitNow.com
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    George St. Pierre's Rush Fit. yeah it looks absolutely insane but i'm dying to try it one day.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    You're ready for P90X2. Don't be intimidated by intense workouts. Insanity is also really good. Go for something bigger than what you're used to.

I was in the Marines, and one the biggest things that every Marine learns is that we are far more capable of anything then we ever thought. That's what makes Marines so tough. It's the simple knowledge that, "I do have the capacity for greatness." The only difference between a Marine and anyone else, is that someone told us that and we believe it and live it.

So, the best thing any Marine can pass on to anyone is, skip the bootcamp, skip the wars, skip that hoopla. You have a higher capacity then you know. Go for it. Do something bigger than you thought possible.

You're ready.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do INSANITY soon...I say that because I'll be traveling the next few weeks and don't want to order it and have it sit. I'm pretty much at my goal weight (170, maybe would like to get to 167 or 168) so it's all about toning for me. You can Google "P90X vs. INSANITY" for a comparison...but since I'm a runner I like the cardio aspect, and also the fact that you don't need anything else except yourself.

I'll let you know how it turns out in 60 days or so :)
  • Ramone44
    Options
    I have been doing insanity for the last 6 weeks and it's does the trick. My stamina and cardiovascular has improved and I have also lost weight. Great body toner and it's very challenging. From the same company as P90X.
  • Ramone44
    Options
    Kevin, Insanity is off the chain I am six weeks in so far and it works. Real Talk!!!
  • gracemleone
    Options
    bump for later!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a wonderful program! However it's pure cardio based.