question

Options
i want to lose weight but i hate running arggh!!! any other way???

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    elliptical, circuit training, walking...just a few!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've done exactly 5 minutes of running in the last month but have lost nicely.
    You can get DVDs, one I like it Jilliam Michaels 30 Day Shred. I also go for long walks and do circuit training on my own at home (jumping jacks, running in place, jump rope, squats, handweights, etc). The largest factor in weight loss is your diet but of course exercise helps and is good for you in general.
    I'm sure ppl will give you plenty of ideas.
    Welcome and good luck!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    walking, elliptical, stationary bike, biking, rowing, strength training, zumba, aerobics, circuit training, kickboxing, spin, .... to name a few.
  • Cokamo
    Options
    swimming, aerobics, zumba, lots and lots of options.
  • geraldm55
    Options
    exercise doesn't require running, you can do all sorts of exercises and just go for long walks.

you can do it I know you can.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    i want to lose weight but i hate running arggh!!! any other way???

No. It is the only way. Sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • dimond1610
    Options
    zumba, pilates, kick boxing, yoga. basically just look for classes offered at your gym so you dont get bored with just running on a treadmill etc
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    it is called a gym...they have lots of things....
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Go to the library & checkout different workout DVDs. I mix it up with Bollywood or Belly Dancing sometimes. It’s fun & keeps my interest.

(To be honest, I love running. You just have to get past that hurdle of the first mile & them it comes easy.)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of different home work out dvd's, you can get a gym membership.. Plenty of ways besides running. You will have to work hard though. No easy way out
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    No. It is the only way. Sorry.
    (giggle giggle)
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating... Walk... Skip, Jog, Dance, Swim, Exercise DVDs... Shopping I'd even consider, depending on how long you shop for... I can do a whole day of walking at a good shopping centre.
  • Degren
    Options
    Whatever you choose, get passionate about it. Splurge a little on the gear, if you can. If you bike, get a cool helmet or a gps. If you do aerobics, choose a fun outfit, etc. If you are passionate about your exercise, you will want to do it (most days). I agree about looking for classes at your gym. Many have classes that are "free" if you are a member.
  • Degren
    Options
    Go to the library & checkout different workout DVDs. I mix it up with Bollywood or Belly Dancing sometimes. It’s fun & keeps my interest.

(To be honest, I love running. You just have to get past that hurdle of the first mile & them it comes easy.)

I must agree about the running. I love it, too, but I had to get past the hurdle of being out of breath every time. Your endurance builds quickly. Now I run 4-5 times/week and love it.