Confused about steps

Options
Hi there ok I’m so confused as when I connect my Fitbit it gives me so many more cals to eat,I have been eating all the calories and I’ve gained weight,to add I’m tall 5’10 and I’m 80 kgs I just want to get to 72 and it seems I’m going backwards,I’ve been really logging properly today and think maybe I haven’t been logging properly,anyway my question is do I eat back my exercise cals or not? I’m aiming for around 1400 cals I average 13,000 to 15,000 steps per day any help will be appreciated

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I turn off the calories earned through fitbit. I don't want to eat them. Unless I was to run a marathon then I'd need some fuel otherwise it will aide in losing weight. Occasionally, I'll feel like hungry and may have an extra snack. Let those steps work for you.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is only about 250 less than my TDEE but i just let exercise calories bring my weight loss up to about 1.5 pounds a week. No counting of exercise calories.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    You’re very active so you will need more than 1400. You must log correctly. I recommend weighing everything on a food scale in grams, except your liquids which can be measured in cups or tbsp.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi there ok I’m so confused as when I connect my Fitbit it gives me so many more cals to eat,I have been eating all the calories and I’ve gained weight,to add I’m tall 5’10 and I’m 80 kgs I just want to get to 72 and it seems I’m going backwards,I’ve been really logging properly today and think maybe I haven’t been logging properly,anyway my question is do I eat back my exercise cals or not? I’m aiming for around 1400 cals I average 13,000 to 15,000 steps per day any help will be appreciated

If you have 10k+ steps the vast majority of days you have the option of not connecting your Fitbit (so no “extra”exercise calories) but you would need to set your activity level hat active or highly active in MFP and then choose how slow or fast you want to lose weight.

• jessleon1984
    jessleon1984 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help...so I realised I was way off with my logging,I’ve been snacking allot and not eating filling healthy meals,the last two days I’ve eaten really well and tracked everything and am under my goal,I set my goal to sedatary and Fitbit gave me extra so I did 22000 steps today and allowed me to eat 1600 cals I ate 1470 and feel full just from eating good food thanks good luck everyone 💪💪💪💪