Here goes nothing......

Options
How does one start a introduction of this size? Size gosh that word gets to me :( Anyways I am new here and decided to put out this small introduction after hearing about my best friend sams responce. This is day 2 on MFP and I am loving it. I find it so amazing that this site is around. So enough of the rambling on to my story....

I am 29 years old and happily married to my best friend steven. To put it bluntly my weight has just kept going up over the past 5 years. I have been a bit chunky since I was in my early teens and I have always felt comfortable in my own skin until 6 years ago and it just got worse and worse. I have heard nothing but positiveness from my hubby but just stuck in this hole of depression at this size i have become. I am by far at my largest weight and I literly cried when I went for a check up a year ago and my dr called me fat , when i saw the numbers on the scale I was so many different feelings and I thought I couldnt get any bigger I was wrong went in to the dr 4 months ago due to a pulled back muscle and my weight had hit 410 I knew what was coming when she walked in the room and started going on about how fat I was. I am ready for a change I have struggled with bulimia off and on and this scares me the most and I think this is why i have avoided this journey so long. I guess I;m just ready to start this journey and do it right this time. I have high hopes this site will help....

Replies

• buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck in your endeavor. You sound like you have a wonderful husband who will be a great cheerleader for you. It's good you are taking charge of your health now while you are young. Keep up the good work!
  • honeybee1121
    Options
    welcome im new to this as well i was 220 before hand and im 175 now i want to continue my weight loss since i have not been trying for the past year im kinda stuck at this weight but the first thing that really helped me was walking for 30 mins a day then i got up to a hr and eventually i added 3lbs ankle weights to it.. and cut down on all my fast food and junk food eating I started losing about pound or 2 a week just doing that and nothing else hope this helps getting started is the best thing to day staying on it is the hardest when you have a food problem there are reminders everywhere tv,friends,going outside,certain smells everything triggers you to want to eat something it sux ! but thats just our battle we can make it if we take it moment to moment day to day just stay positive
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You will definitely find support here. This site is great for keeping track of food and exercise! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    This is a great site... When depressed and frustrated I go to the success stories section and it always cheers me up and makes me realize "if they can do this so can I!"

always record everything... make it habit and you will stick to it! Remember this is a journey that has taken you 29 years to get to and now you are setting yourself on a new journey so enjoy each day and each new experience! Feel free to add me!
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I love it here and hope you do also. I've found all kinds of support!
  • adriodendaal
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. And congratulations on wanting to make a change. It is not going to be easy, but soooooo worth it. Good luck and don't give up.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!! You can totally do this! MFP is great!

Two words of wisdom: There's a search function - use it for any questions you might have, because there is a TON of information already around. If you still need help, post away, because people will help!

Make friends! Your MFP friends make the journey amazing.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You're at the right place...Welcome!
  • Csdehoyos
    Csdehoyos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I know that you can!! :flowerforyou:
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations on taking a first big step by joining here. This site is full of amazing people. Almost all willing to help with support, motivation, information, and if/when needed, accountability.

Feel free to add me, I would be more than happy to have you as a friend!
  • cynmay13
    Options
    This site is great for support. Starting a new diet and exercise routine is always scary, mostly for fear that you will fail. You sound like your ready to make this change in your life! If you'd like to add me as a friend I would be more than happy to aid in that support. Lord knows I need it as well! It sounds like your doctor wasn't very considerate of your feelings. That is part of why I'm becoming a nurse. Many times doctors and even some nurses don't take into consideration the person. They solely judge you on that number that came up on the scale. Never really worrying how you got to where you are now. I would like to help you with any kind of support you need! =) Fy-I your husband sounds awesome! Congrats! =)
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you like. I love MFP and agree with the posters above: It is GREAT for support and motivation. Trick is, you gotta find some good friends!!