A rough moment.

Options
meez727
meez727 Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2020 in Motivation and Support
I recent started my dream career of truck driving state to state but im noting im having alot harder time maintaining my focus on dieting and exercising. Its a whole lot more downtime then im used to and a lot more crap foods around than usual. I dont think ive derailed myself just yet. But I just might start slipping. Im not really asking for anything im just sharing what I got going on.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That's a tough set-up for weight loss. I know you weren't asking for anything, but here's my 2 cents nonetheless.

Create structure. Schedule your eating times. Tell yourself you will only eat during those times. No snacking outside the schedule.

You don't have to exercise to lose weight, you just have to create a calorie deficit.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I agree with @quiksylver296, structure and habit are immensely important for me. Pre-logging and planning what to eat ahead of time has always been a huge part of what works for me. You just have to find what works best for you; nothing wrong with a little trial & error.

Congrats on the new gig and good luck!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Some people do great with 3 meals. Others prefer meals + snacks. You figure out what works for you, and plan for it. If you need/want snacks: think ahead to consider what will keep you going between meals, and what calories you can budget for snacks. And keep them on hand. Perhaps pack a small cooler to take on the road with you, so you have your next meal & snack readily available. That way you can rely less on what food is convenient along the route.

And if you have downtime: try to move. Even if its just stretching or walking around for a few minutes.
  • meez727
    Options
    That's a tough set-up for weight loss. I know you weren't asking for anything, but here's my 2 cents nonetheless.

Create structure. Schedule your eating times. Tell yourself you will only eat during those times. No snacking outside the schedule.

You don't have to exercise to lose weight, you just have to create a calorie deficit.

You got the right idea I just have to adjust to being solely reliant on calorie deficiency as opposed to getting a good walk in inbetween meals. Much love man thanks.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    meez727 wrote: »

You got the right idea I just have to adjust to being solely reliant on calorie deficiency as opposed to getting a good walk in inbetween meals. Much love woman thanks.

FIFY ;)
  • meez727
    Options
    Absolutely my apologies
  • Mariner322007
    Mariner322007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Stay strong !
  • BIG_FN_R0B
    BIG_FN_R0B Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Bro I feel you I drive locally and its a pain so I could only imagine. But I always said If I did go over the road I would try taking a kettlebell but I love kettlebells just a idea. You could get a nice workout in a short time. And the diet definitely is very important. Just stay in the game bro!
  • jukeitz
    jukeitz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It’s all about discipline and taking it one day at a time. Allow a cheat here or there but just be kind to yourself and remember it’s a life long goal. Stay safe brother. 💪🏻