Eating Calories Back?

Options
I am new to working out and see mixed reviews to eating your workout calories back. What are your thoughts? Do you eat them back or do you leave them off?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I vote eat them. I always have.
  • msino88
    Options
    I always make sure to eat mine, just cuz im a breastfeeding mom :)
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 1/3 of them back.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I try to eat all of them back, but either am already full or don't have time to eat them all back. At minimum, I try to net 1,000-1,200 cals a day, my "goal" on MFP says 1,270 a day, but on a day like today, I netted about 900 and am not hungry.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Eat, Eat, Eat! It works for me! Worked for weight loss and still works for maintenance. :drinker:
  • sameheartnewbeat
    Options
    I'm not an expert but I'd say eat a back at least some of them. If you let yourself go so low with calories, in the future you may try to justify overeating/binging/cheating because you ate so little today.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    At the end of each day, post on the forum and take a survey. So you're on the right track.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's not about not feeling 'hungry'...it's about feeding your body the nutrition it requires to function well. So many people have this 'less is better' attitude and don't ever stop to consider the fact you can lose AND get the proper nutrients your body needs.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Eat up. I usually eat most of them back, never leaving more than 100. So far so good. Again, its about fueling your body. Your body is like a campfire. Gotta give it something to keep it going strong.
    Good luck
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Stop exercising and you won't have that problem.