Eating the same thing every day

Options
13»

Replies

• pirate_john_75
    pirate_john_75 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was able to do that in college when I was an athlete, but now I find i do have to mix things up.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I definitely need variety. I don't eat breakfast, so that's not a factor. For lunch, I tend to buy things in such a way that I'll have the same thing for about a week, just because it's cost effective, and since I'm at work and busy anyway I don't tend to care as much about what I'm eating. I try to make my lunches more healthy and then my dinners more enjoyable but still fit into my daily calories. For example, this past week I had a bento box style lunch every day with carrots, a hard boiled egg, two halos, a string cheese, and an ounce of honey sesame almonds. I do eat different stuff for lunch on the weekends. This week I'm going to bring a meal salad every day, and then the week after I'll probably go back to the bento box thing, but with some different fillers.

For dinner I may very occasionally have the same thing two nights in a row, but I really try to avoid leftovers whenever possible. If someone is trying to eat the same thing all of the time only for the ease of calorie counting, and is not really enjoying it, that sounds like a recipe for failure to me. I'd think long and hard about if you're really wanting to do that for the rest of your life. I personally feel like it's important to figure out how to fit calorie counting into "real life" and I don't start things I don't think I can do forever. That said, I do have a coworker who has eaten the same thing every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for at least the ten years that I've known her. She's an extremely picky eater and says that's all she has interest in eating. So there are certainly people out there who can do it forever!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have the same foods daily with periods of variations that ultimately go back to a "norm" I have done this for years. When I feel best and leanest my food choices are the biggest factor with exercise. I have specific foods that I stay with- leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower. tofu. plant protein powders, unsweetened almond milk, avocado, lemons, herbs, organic coffee, herbal tea, steam bags of mixed vegetables, green powders, chlorella, plant based dip, sunflower lecithin, Brazil nuts, chia seeds, sesame and sometimes cashews, pistachios and walnuts.

I like plain rice cakes, Alyssa's Healthy Vegan Oatmeal bites and Garden of Life Weight loss Fit bars but only have them in phases.

It is probably a VERY small group to most but these are the things that work for me. I am extremely nourished and always well with nutrient levels. The foods have changed over the years a lot. I am WFPB and Vegan now, I used to be into figure competitions and ate tons of egg whites, fish, chicken , steak, oatmeal, bananas, whey protein, broccoli and peas. Definitely not there now!