any tips to losing weight ?

Options
any tips to losing weight like any ideas on foods that are low calorie but fill you up . or any easy low calorie recipes. any suggestions at all, motivation and support would be good here ?

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    In my experience soups are great. Because of the high water content they are often low calorie per volume, but still fill me up for a while.

Breakfast? Oatmeal has shown to keep many people full pretty long.

Meal prep is not a bad idea. Maybe make a slow cooker soup or stew that you can portion out over the next few days or freeze in portions.

Have a look over at the recipes board. That may give you some ideas.
  • greenrn90
    greenrn90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The key for me is writing down everything I eat and walking. I also try to meal plan. My work hours very greatly. I cook just 1 or 2 days a week but several things. I bring lunch and heat up supper. Much less drive through.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    I thought I might add to the discussion. Pinterest has a lot of good ideas. The nice thing about Pinterest is that you can pin recipes that you find elsewhere. If you do a Google search for say, "Low calorie chicken" a ton of recipes and sites will come up. Believe it or not, I have found some great ideas on Youtube as well!! Hope this helps :smile:
  • reginabfly
    reginabfly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1800 calories a day and everything I eat I make nutrient dense. I eat 6 smalls meals a day because of ibs and gerd. Majority of meals are protein, carb and fat. For example breakfast is 1/2 cup of oatmeal, tbsp sunbutter and 2 strips turkey bacon. For lunch I will do baby carrots and brocolli, 1/2 serv walnuts, 4 oz of chicken and 4 ounce of boiled sweet potato. It is good to have a good ratio of fat, carb and protein and add in lots of veggies for the bulking and feeling full. It is very easy for me to hit 1800 calories a day and I don’t know how people do less that that so all my foods are nutrient dense and include oatmeal made with water, banana, melon/grapes, sunbutter or peanu butter, almonds, walnuts, steamed veggies like brocolli/squash/carrots/green beans/peas and lean meats like chicken, pork and turkey. I also walk my dog 3-4 miles every single day to get 10,000 steps and I do a 30 minute workout video five times a week.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Start a food diary and never stop. Use a food scale whenever possible to crunch the numbers. Log everything you eat or drink that has calories. When you are in situations where you don’t know how many calories are in a meal or dish, make a good faith guess and keep going. Forget to do it? Go back and fill it in as best you can.

Calculate a moderate calorie deficit and try to hit your number. You will soon find that you have a better chance of hitting your number if you have a plan. Calorie counting works. But there’s a significant learning curve. Give yourself plenty of time to get up and running.

The only real way to learn how all this works for you is trial and error. At any point in time there are a lot of ways to make mistakes. Sometimes we have lapses brought on by stress or fatigue. Sometimes poor or inadequate planning. Sometimes misread NI or even basic arithmetic. Lots of ways to go over our number. But keep logging no matter what, the good, the bad and the ugly. Log it all. Mistakes are opportunities, not personal failure. Your success will be determined by your process. If your plan isn’t working make it better. In the end weight loss gets down to problem solving and persistence. Good luck.