Not budging

Options
Hello
I have lost 55 pounds since January 2020. I think I have hit a plateau and not sure how to address it. My stomach, back, and arms are not budging. Especially my back. I can pinch my back fat and stretch it. Just want to really tighten it up. Any tips that worked for you guys? What did you change? Exercises that helped and diet? Thank you!!

Replies

• Pauhanarehb
    Pauhanarehb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here is a photos of my back.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    We sadly can’t spot reduce and the sections you are discussing are usually the last to lose the fat (especially tricep area and stomach for me).

Are you still losing weight overall? Have you measured to see if you are losing inches?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. Only way (except surgery).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
    You've been losing weight at a pretty fast rate, and look to now be in the healthy weight range. Your rate of loss will slow down as you get closer to goal. If you have under 20 lbs to go, it's not unusual to lose more like 0.5 - 1 lb per week at best. And that small amount can easily hide behind water weight swings on the scale for weeks at a time.

Revisit your logging and make sure you are being as accurate as possible, focus on habit or fitness goals to keep yourself focused, and be patient :smile:
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You just need to get leaner. I'd recommend going hard on all compounds, assuming access to equipment. Squats, deads, OHP, rows, dips, pullups, bench, etc. Really push yourself for that extra rep. Get to a new level of intensity.