Anybody need to lose over 100lbs ?

I need to lose about 184 lbs . I am looking for accountability buddies. I just restarted my journey again for the 50th time

Help keep me on track
🙂❤

Replies

• Speedbird558
    Speedbird558 Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm down 123lbs as of today over 4 years 1 month, 84lbs of which was since the UK went into lockdown at the end of March. I guess everyone is different, but I track weight, hips, waist, neck and chest measurements too. Which is good because even when it's felt like my weight loss has slowed, I'm clearly burning fat because everything else is falling. I suppose it's a good motivator because something is always dropping!
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    I was almost 300lb 4 months ago and started my journey then for the millionth time but never at that high of a weight. I’m almost 50lb down and have a good 100lb to go. I’ll add you! Remember the foundation for change anywhere is consistency. Make small changes and build on those. Always always keep walking forward even past little mistakes here and there because it’s part of the journey along with the wins. ❤️
  • Thankfully I have been working with a nutritionist and I am now trying to make small changes and I am trying to remain consistant. Right now I am the most I have ever weighed ever and it is a major struggle for me . I cant wait to reach my goal . Unfortunately I know it doesnt happen over night and that's the hard part for me . Thank you for the request 🙂❤
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Thankfully I have been working with a nutritionist and I am now trying to make small changes and I am trying to remain consistant. Right now I am the most I have ever weighed ever and it is a major struggle for me . I cant wait to reach my goal . Unfortunately I know it doesnt happen over night and that's the hard part for me . Thank you for the request 🙂❤

That’s awesome! I highly recommend low impact workouts on YouTube *if* you’re new to exercise. Also a ton of walking videos if you’d prefer to stay inside. I feel like with all the options out there and workouts designed for conditions and places, there’s no excuse not to workout unless you don’t want exercise to be a part of your weight loss plan. Looking forward to your status updates!
  • LloydSev
    LloydSev Posts: 41 Member
    I need to lose ~130 remaining pounds. I'm down ~50 from my high point.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    I have about 177 lbs to lose. We're here for the long haul! Feel free to friend me. We can and will do this!!!
  • enseals82
    enseals82 Posts: 2 Member
    I have at least 120 to lose. My husband and I have been talking about doing this for a couple of years now, and never got a plan together. I finally said enough is enough, we need to do something, and here I am. I started food prepping last week and remembered this app earlier today. I would love to help you with accountability. Feel free to let me know how you are doing. This is a long journey, and the more along it, the better it will be for all of us.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    I had 129 lbs to lose ...down 30 ....you are welcome to add me ....wishing you the very best :)
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    I started at 255lb, 164lb will put me at the very top end of a healthy BMI so I need to get to at least 155lb realistically to suit my frame.

Currently 210lb so 45lb down and 55lb to go.
  • benjaminlight
    benjaminlight Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yup - I'm working on a 150 pound loss. Started the 31st of August. Working on going from 345 to 195. Feel free to add
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    Yes - details to follow tomorrow once i have weighed myself and taken a deep breath
  • HealAndHonor
    HealAndHonor Posts: 12 Member
    My highest recorded weight was in the 300s back in August 2016, and by September 2016, I decided to change up my lifestyle, figure out what works for me. By June 2017 I had got as low as 219lbs, then depression hit. I started to feel scared, alone, and I ate a lot more food, feeling like crap, no one I could really talk to who would understand what I was going through and gained all the way up to 295lbs.

I decided to buckle down again and would fall off multiple times. I now use MFP as a guide to ensure I am getting enough of what MY body needs in specific and as of August 1st, 2020 I had got to 268.1lbs without worrying or stressing too much. Been walking as a form of fitness with my husband around the block.

My recent weigh-in was yesterday (September 18th, 2020) and I am down to 261.8lbs. I feel very accomplished for that much of a progress in a month, I notice days I go over sometimes, then under other times is beneficial for my own weight loss as I was even lower on the 11th with 261.4lbs (so I gained 0.8lbs, but, my muscle composition changed and I gained muscle according to my scale)!

I eat a lot more sodium than what people are recommended, but, I noticed if I eat lower salt, I am more easily prone to dizzy spells and sometimes even passing out/blacking out after a walk with my husband. So, I am learning what is working for me and I hope to eventually find the perfect fit for me and adjust as needed!

My weight loss goal is to lose at least 1 pound a week, if I lose say 0.5lbs then next week 1.5lbs? Awesome. I am not forcing myself too quickly, I know I will get to my goal if I just take my time and push when needed. As for losing 100lbs+? I am right there with you. I'd like to lose 122lbs to get to 140lbs (for my height aka 5'6), but, say I am happy at 150lbs and have more muscle? I will gladly stick there and treat myself! :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Me, too. 100-ish to go.
  • Cassandria64
    Cassandria64 Posts: 4 Member
    After an injury in 2017 I was put on serious meds and my weight almost doubled, from 142 to 278 (I'm 5.7"). I've all but taken myself off the meds and found other ways to cope, but I'm still faced with a massive amount to lose. I've already lost 26lbs, but still have 100lbs+ to lose to get back to normal - so I'm in!
  • scrdofbugs
    scrdofbugs Posts: 37 Member
    I want to lose 117.5 pounds.
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    I have a lot more than 100 to lose but I am starting there right now I don't keep a food journal my whole thing right now is to keep a consistent workout routine the food I will trickle in once I stick to this. I just started last week and going strong. I did this before and it helped a lot so I know this works and can work again just need to stick to it. As I see it as long as you keep trying and keep pushing forward you never give up. We can do this!
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    I started (again) the beginning of this month with 125 lbs to lose. I've lost about 8 so far... Definitely long haul.
  • stvnmrtn86
    stvnmrtn86 Posts: 3 Member
    I am 2 weeks into my journey. Started with wanting to lose 230, all in all. Am 6.6 down and gaining momentum. Would love to support anyone on their journey, feel free to add me :)
  • I have about 175lbs to lose before the NHS will stop treating me like the walking dead.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited October 2020
    Well...five months into the fight I have to lose 57 more kg (125 more pounds) to enter the "overweight, not obese" category. Hehe..it is going to take a while but I intend to have fun while doing it! B)