Options
    Call her up and ask. Don't do via text.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Call her up and ask. Don't do via text.

I don't plan on text lol don't worry
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Oh no, I don't mean that you're making a huge ordeal out of it...I just meant you don't have to go all out and do something extravagant to ask her out. I think it's sweet, I think that if you don't see her by this weekend, send her the letter...or you could even ask her if you could swing by her house some night this week? Just say it's for a few minutes and then just ask her out then. But yeah, send the letter if you haven't seen her by the end of the weekend! Good luck!

That's exactly what I'll do.. I always second guess myself. What if she texts me or calls me saying " why didn't u wait to ask me in person?". But also if she says yes, do I kiss her idk what the heck to do! Lol if she says yes which I think she will, idk when I should kiss her, is it too early, or no? I feel like I need to ask her if it's ok to kiss her lol
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I don't mean that you're making a huge ordeal out of it...I just meant you don't have to go all out and do something extravagant to ask her out. I think it's sweet, I think that if you don't see her by this weekend, send her the letter...or you could even ask her if you could swing by her house some night this week? Just say it's for a few minutes and then just ask her out then. But yeah, send the letter if you haven't seen her by the end of the weekend! Good luck!

That's exactly what I'll do.. I always second guess myself. What if she texts me or calls me saying " why didn't u wait to ask me in person?". But also if she says yes, do I kiss her idk what the heck to do! Lol if she says yes which I think she will, idk when I should kiss her, is it too early, or no? I feel like I need to ask her if it's ok to kiss her lol

You are putting too much thought into it. Just ask her out. And no you don't kiss her right away. No really a rule to it.. You will just know when it's time.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    As a woman I say MAN UP! Call her or go see her. We like it when guys are decisive and take charge, none of this namsy-pamsy texting *kitten*. Which brings me to a general question: what is up with texting? Does no one use phones anymore?
  • RichGebs
    Options
    As a woman I say MAN UP! Call her or go see her. We like it when guys are decisive and take charge, none of this namsy-pamsy texting *kitten*. Which brings me to a general question: what is up with texting? Does no one use phones anymore?

Ok listen up, my first time ever asking a girl out and I'm almost 18. I may be psyching myself out and I'm really nervous cut me some slack. I understand what you are saying I'm not texting her for the 3rd time. And no one uses opines anymore lol technology is too high tech. Only reason I don't ask tell her I'm coming over for a few minutes is because I feel like I've bothered her enough the past few days with her being busy and I think she will think im getting annoying if I now call and ask again if we could meet up or if i can see her
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Ok listen up, my first time ever asking a girl out and I'm almost 18. I may be psyching myself out and I'm really nervous cut me some slack. I understand what you are saying I'm not texting her for the 3rd time. And no one uses opines anymore lol technology is too high tech. Only reason I don't ask tell her I'm coming over for a few minutes is because I feel like I've bothered her enough the past few days with her being busy and I think she will think im getting annoying if I now call and ask again if we could meet up or if i can see her

Oh, I was totally just teasing you. It was more of a general comment about finding confidence to assert yourself. It's to be expected that you're nervous. You seem like a really good guy so just be yourself and you'll be fine :)
  • RichGebs
    Options

Oh, I was totally just teasing you. It was more of a general comment about finding confidence to assert yourself. It's to be expected that you're nervous. You seem like a really good guy so just be yourself and you'll be fine :)

Thanks it's just I usually have no confidence In myself and I never have. So having confidence in a girl saying yes to me is beyond hard lol. I already got her to say that if I were to ask her shed say yes, but i still wonder.. Lol
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So... what's happened?
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    :heart: Text her:)
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like Redfie1d's advice, if it's a last resort. What about sending her a text along the lines of...

"Hey I haven't seen you in a few days There's something I'd like to ask you in person. can we meet sometime tomorrow?"

So you aren't really asking her out over text but you are setting up the meeting to ask her out.

This idea gets my vote
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I see you're 19. From what I've seen in your generation, asking via texting is not wrong. However, if I did it to my wife, I'd be sleeping on the couch for a couple of weeks.

In general, she is going to want to know you care. So my vote is *not* to text her, but instead, go out of your way to find her and ask her out!

If nothing else, how would it make you feel if she text'd you an invite, or went the extra mile to see you in person?

Leave the text'ing for later.

--PixarDad