Restarting. Argh.

Options
44yo female.
Gained and lost too many times to count. I have decided that I am no longer willing to be obese. I’ve always known the risks, felt unhealthy for years, and now we are living in a pandemic that literally is deadly for obese people. I’m done. So:

SW: 216
Goal for sept: 210
6 month goal: no longer obese, 174
12 month goal: no longer “overweight” 144
Total fantasy would be ecstatic: 133

Plan: minimize processed foods, increase protein, cut out white flour. Move for at least 30 min/day.

I’m excited to be taking control of this, today.

Replies

• mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Love this! I too am starting fbiver AGAIN UGH but the good thing is i know how good it feels to reach my goal so i am using that as my motivation. You should be excited and proud of yourself for the positive changes you are committing to.
  • smv42
    smv42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you and sick of it and also restarting. I was under 200 a few years ago with MFP and working out so I know I can get back and stay.
    Current 270
    Mini goal 240
    Ultimate 170
    Feels overwhelming like I have a long way to go but I am also 44 and want to feel good.
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Can I join the crew? 43, do probably tried around 40 times to lose weight 😂. Highest weight (early 20s) was 250+ lbs. Lowest on here around 4 years ago 168lbs ish. Got back on here in August at a nice round 200lbs.
    Height: 5’6
    SW: 200lbs
    CW: 189lbs
    Initial GW: 184lbs
    Long term GW: 154lbs
    Not doing anything groundbreaking, but trying to avoid rushing, all-or-nothing thinking etc and focusing on establishing some good habits
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    44yo female.
    Gained and lost too many times to count. I have decided that I am no longer willing to be obese. I’ve always known the risks, felt unhealthy for years, and now we are living in a pandemic that literally is deadly for obese people. I’m done. So:

SW: 216
    Goal for sept: 210
    6 month goal: no longer obese, 174
    12 month goal: no longer “overweight” 144
    Total fantasy would be ecstatic: 133

Plan: minimize processed foods, increase protein, cut out white flour. Move for at least 30 min/day.

I’m excited to be taking control of this, today.

I recommend reevaluating your goals. Starting 9/12 and aiming to lose 6 lbs by 9/30 is definitely not a realistic goal. You don’t want to cause yourself to become discouraged if it doesn’t happen the way you are planning. Additionally, 42 lbs in 6 months is ambitious as well. Personally, I find 1 lb a week the most sustainable, but everyone is different.

I’m also not sure why you are cutting out white flour unless you have a specific allergy. Flour isn’t more likely to make you gain weight. CICO is all that matters for weight loss.
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    40 in one month Getting back on here after 6 years or longer. Highest weight 230 lowest 165 am now at 210 ideal weight is 175 I feel and would be comfortable with that. Tracking calories and exercise makes me accountable and I thrive with accountability looking for accountability partners. Thanks
  • sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've probably lost 350 lbs the last 30 years. EX Drop 50, injury gain or back. Drop 50 injury gain it back dropped 80 kept it off for 5 years then injury, car accidents, both parents passed, more car accidents gained some but kept 30 off for 10. Now I have stupid hernia which exercise affects it so it's a challenge, plus menopause added 15.
    No excuses. I could've done better. So I turn 50 in 8 mos, so time to drop the 50 that slipped back the last 7 yrs lil by lil.
    I dropped 13 after a broken leg, but covid f'ed me up. Again excuses, but just need a little kick in the butt.
    I just want to be able to do a few double unders w the rope and pull ups again. Doubt I could ever deadlift 175 or spar w hernia, but be cool to find one thing I could do again.
    I try to focus on what I can do and enjoy the moment but last 5 yrs have really been trying.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The first step is to get that hernia repaired. Wishing you a speedy recovery.