Ladies Only Please, Just a question!

Options
Hey Ladies!

We all have problem areas, though I feel I have a lot, my main one is my "pouch" as we like to call it (right about your lady parts). LOL. Anyway, I cannot seem to loose this at all!!! I know it is hard to only spot train, but does anyone have any exercise tips to help loose this? It is driving me insane! I do not have any children, so I can't blame them for that. Lol, I just let mysellf go, and when I did this seemed to be the part that got the worst. It's almost bigger then my actual stomach now! Please help!!

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell ya this...but if you're been overweight for quite awhile and lose a lot --- this rarely goes away completely.
    I have about 20lbs of extra skin on my stomach that I need to learn to live with or get a tummy tuck -- been to many docs and been told the same thing ---- the good thing is, they all mention i have a nice 6 pack under it because I do go to the gym 5-7x week :)

Edit: my starting weight was not much higher than yours and I'm at 155 now... but I just subtrack 20 in my head and pretend I'm 135 and all is good :)
  • agarris4
    Options
    Hate to tell ya this...but if you're been overweight for quite awhile and lose a lot --- this rarely goes away completely.
    I have about 20lbs of extra skin on my stomach that I need to learn to live with or get a tummy tuck -- been to many docs and been told the same thing ---- the good thing is, they all mention i have a nice 6 pack under it because I do go to the gym 5-7x week :)

Yes I have heard that before too, but I've lost weight before and its just went away. this time is just much more difficult.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    In Jillian Michaels 30 DS she address a exercise for that area where you lay on your back and lift your butt off the ground. Yet, those type of exercises normaly are toning and tightening wouldn't really help you lose the fat above the muscle.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Do some crunches and wear spanx. Your skin will sag there after you loose the lbs, if you have the skin already constricted it will recoil a little bit.
  • Goddess111682
    Goddess111682 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat and drink protein! that will help shrink it! or atleast that worked for me after I had my son! and its helped after my daughter!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    In Jillian Michaels 30 DS she address a exercise for that area where you lay on your back and lift your butt off the ground. Yet, those type of exercises normaly are toning and tightening wouldn't really help you lose the fat above the muscle.

This, as well as lots of cardio. The skin may or may not shrink back. Depends on the person. At least this is what I've read (I still have said "pouch" and working on getting it to go away).
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Lose all your weight, and I mean hit your dream goal. Then re-evaluate yourself. Maybe you might want to get that tummy tuck after all. You worked so hard to be thin, now cut off that extra skin and donate it to a burn unit. Hey.....if your going to do this, then you might as well do it all the way! I'm just sayin......that's what I would do. Good luck. Lisa
  • AAthena
    AAthena Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I absolutly LOVE these and have had success with them previously. There are several variations you can do to target diffeerent areas.
  • SassyStef
    Options
    I was gonna say wear some spanx lol after I had my daughter I wore one every day to help with the belly sag. I gained 50lbs during pregnancy so I had a belly for a while. I would also make sure you are drinking your water and get some oil olive oil and start rubbing it on your tummy. This should help with your skins elasticity.

As far as making the fat go away, I can't say this enough DIET DIET DIET, loosing the fat will not go away working out or spot training alone, What you eat is 80% of the equation! I would add in an ab work out every time you work out and target the inner stomach muscles. Try pelvic tilts and kegels, those are called mom exercises but they totally work LOL
  • blue_lime
    Options
    The piece of skin you are talking about is commonly known as an "Apron", and is usually surgically removed, best of luck with what ever choice you decide to go with! (You've clearly come a long way to have it..)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I do zumba 5-7x week, I changed my protein to 45%, carbs 25% and easily get 100-140g protein a day ---- neither of those things worked. But I do own stock in body shapers!

If you've done it before... maybe you'll be lucky again. :) It might also have something to do wtih age.... I am almost 50 and carried around that extra 120lbs for about 25 years. (and I never had kids)
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    oops.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Cardio to burn the fat, then low ab work to tone the area. (Planks, etc). And time. It does eventually shrink down, though it never goes away (i had mine pretty small about 5 years after baby #3). But it won't go away completely without surgery (yikes!)
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hit 18.95% bodyfat and got a Mommy Makeover including Tummy Tuck 3 weeks ago (pics in profile - public). My doc always includes a lift of the monis pubis area as well. So I not only got rid of the baby-sag-bag as I called it, but the lady parts are perkier too if what you're talking about is actually the "FUPA", though I NEVER would've considered it an issue before, I have to say it does look improved, so I can't complain. I especially enjoy that certain very sensitive bits are pulled more forward (we're talking maybe mm in difference) and it really brings certain activities to new heights ;)
  • agarris4
    Options
    thanks everyone..
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    Although it never full went away, I found that planks and scissor kicks helpd the most.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You've made great progress, but you still have a long way to go. Just exercise and eat right and wait until you reach your goal to start worrying about it. It may just go away with weight loss.

Definitely weight train all body parts on the way to your goal and then when you get there, you'll be as toned as you can get without surgery.