Bulk or cut?

Options
if i am “skinny fat” and been working out for a few months strength training should i bulk or cut. And if bulk should i try “0.5 pounds gained in a week” or “2lbs in a week”. Also any advice on what to eat for a clean bulk or cut whatever is better

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you haven't cross post this on the Gaining weight and Body Building forum.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No-one can give you advice without knowing a lot more about you, your current situation, your goals and your priorities.
    You could be 18 or 80........ You could have a long term aim to be lean and light or big and strong.....

Based on similar threads there's also a good probability that skinny fat isn't an accurate description, most people using that term on here aren't actually either skinny or fat, just in normal weight and bodyfat ranges but under-trained and dissatisfied with how they look. Stats and a picture would help enormously.
  • nasfloran
    nasfloran Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    181tms2w927o.jpeg
    rijaegn42pab.jpeg
  • nasfloran
    nasfloran Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    18years old, 5’11.this is my after “cut” from 215-187. My goal is to be strong but also visually looking for a nice body not “fat looking”
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You need to cut a bit more imo. Get rid of the.pouch and the.lovies
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You aren't skinny fat - you just need to carry on cutting some fat. Losing another 10lbs of fat will make a big difference to how you look.
    Then re-evaluate depending on how lean you want to be, the last few pounds make a disproportionate difference to muscle definition.

Cut at a sensible rate and keep training.