Sweaty Clothes, Where Do They Go?

Options

Replies

• grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have a basket on top of my washer that I throw mine in. That way they don't stink up my closet where my laundry hamper is.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I hang them on hooks in the bathroom to dry. Unfortunately, our bathroom doesn't have windows so it usually smells like a locker room in there. My husband gets annoyed but that's where I shower, so that's where the sweaty clothes are going to be.
  • mreneecohen
    mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have to let mine hang dry! The thought of them sitting in a hamper all wet gives me the heebee jeebies!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I put them in my laundry basket....no issues. Rewearing? Maybe shorts some times....but a shirt? No way I'd reuse a shirt for a workout...far far too gross. lol
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll re-wear shirts or pants if I didn't get too sweaty (on weight training days), but sports bras never get re-worn-they go straight into the laundry basket. Although I am a fan of not doing as much laundry and making my clothes last longer, I am definitely not a fan of the backne that goes with re-wearing sweaty clothes. Ew. :sick:
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    I wear mine into the shower....

train naked.. removes the need to do the laundry!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I wear mine into the shower....

train naked.. removes the need to do the laundry!!!

lol I have done a run or two in my boxer briefs, was fairly comfortable I must say! Good thing I'm inside on a treadmill, eh?
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I normally hang them in the bathroom and use them again the next day! And then from there got hung up until dry and straight to the washing machine. I work out 6 days a week! And since it's just me, I only wash clothes once a week.
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    immediately in the washer. i can't imagine wearing again if u drip w/ sweat.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i normally lay them on the side of my hamper and let them dry overnight and then the next time something goes in there i throw them on in with it. it does get kinda rank in my clothes hamper, but there have yet to be any still wet clothes when i go to wash them.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Back in the gym bag!! I re-wear them for some time. I totally test the limits of rankness. It's like my own personal joke. And just like in real life, everyone at the gym does NOT find me funny.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I hang them usually ON the hamper. I rewear shorts and socks but not t-shirts. Those get waaaay to sweaty.
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back.. It's kind of neat to see how others do things and I am sure you picked up a few ideas too.
    I'm hung my shirt on the shower rod tonight and when it dries in the morning I'll place it in the basket. Before I threw them in one "workout" basket but they stayed wet.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes??

I am glad I'm not the only person re-wearing their workout gear! LOL I know some people have a fresh, cute, new workout outfit every day, but I workout in my basement or go hiking in the woods. No one cares how I look! The less laundry the happier I am (and it's better for the environment to do less laundry, too.) :-)

I can't afford to do laundry every day!! I wear each outfit three or four times.
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good question!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much I sweat. If it's a really sweaty workout then I will let them dry on a door knob or sometimes even on the floor in front of the hamper, before putting them in the hamper. I don't like the idea of putting them wet in there. Same with towels. If I only sweat a little I will hang on door knob to wear the next day.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Straight in the wash. Husband mountain bikes and coaches big kids soccer, big son plays soccer, mountain bikes and runs, and little man plays soccer and walks with me.

We always have tons of stinky, sweaty clothes so, in the wash they go!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Well, apparently I'm a disgusting freak because I just throw mine in the hamper. It's just sweat, people. Dayum. Can't imagine how stressed y'all would be in the 14th century when you'd be lucky to get a bath once/month.

:laugh:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Well, apparently I'm a disgusting freak because I just throw mine in the hamper. It's just sweat, people. Dayum. Can't imagine how stressed y'all would be in the 14th century when you'd be lucky to get a bath once/month.

:laugh:

Hahaha, I would be SO stressed. Not because my sweaty clothes would be in the hamper (cuz I have a drawer just for gross workout clothes until I do laundry next). But because I'm so ocd and not showering every day makes me very cranky. I'm very bad for the environment, generally. ;)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I drape them over the hamper and then shove them in with the next dirty thing.