Journey to a New Me!!!

I have always struggled with my weight. Since I can remember, I was always the biggest person in my class and sometimes the entire school. Then matters got worse when I became pregnant with my children. My son is the one who did it for me.....60lbs in 9mon! I couldn't believe it. I tried to lose weight but nothing seemed to help.

My weight issue became secondary to me after a while because I had two kids to take care. I work, go to school, and still find some kind of time to have quality moments with my kids. It wasn't until this June that I hit the bottom.....I guess you can say top. My weight had soared so out of control that I was 450lbs! At 24, that news was devastating. Even more so since I have to lead by example and make sure my kids don't follow down the same path as me. I started moving more and working on portion sizes. I try not to eat out as much. I also drink more water and juice than anything. I'm hoping to phase juice out all together because of the sugar....

I came to myfitnesspal.com through a mobile app and I absolutely love it! It is my food journal...I'm so glad that I have the tools handy to become a healthier me. As of last week, I am officially under 400lbs! I am so excited and I can t wait to loose more.

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Keep up the good work! Feel free to add me if you need a friend! :)
  • Way to go nice work. Do it for yourself first and the kids next!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    You are awesome! I have a good feeling about you......you are going to be so successful! You are right, this site is AWESOME! It has worked for me. I have some pretty cool supportive friends on here that are very supportive of me If I get down. (like that time I was stranded on a desert plateau for more than 3 weeks!!!) They talked me through it and I did make it off that plateau! Welcome and add me if you want! Lisa from California
  • wow! Congratulations! That's an incredible accomplishment, and a wonderful reason to do it :] Feel free to add me, if you'd like!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck on your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement, support and amazing people on here. It is a great community to be a part of!!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    You are under 400 now, that's FANTASTIC!

You can do this.

Together, we all can!