Trying to lose 4 stone but suffer with anxiety and depression.

Options
Trying to lose 4 stone because I've let myself go because of anxiety and depression. I just kept eating and now I want to look good and be looked at and thought that I was beautiful. I just look like a whale right now and it makes me more depressed. I'm going gym now and trying to eat healthy but it also makes me depressed cause I miss chocolate so much and I feel like giving in lol.

Replies

• Red2502
    Red2502 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me sweet x I suffer depression myself and get where you are coming from, we can encourage each other
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me. Have suffered with anxiety over 20yrs and it's reasonably well managed. I've had depression twice and beat it. It's a total ***ker. You can add me ...if I'm not too old. My weight is definitely linked to my mental wellbeing.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have depression and anxiety and struggle to keep myself losing weight.
  • brand3lynn
    brand3lynn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems and it’s sucks 😭 Add me if you want and we can try to motivate each other!
  • sunshineekg
    sunshineekg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I struggle with depression and pots. Let's do this thing together.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I have both social and general anxiety disorders along with a collection of chronic health complaints.
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have the same issues and would love for you to add ne
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've suffered from depression in the past and still have some slight-ish anxiety problems. Feel free to add me.

Also, don't create a diet you suffer under That's a sure-fire way to frustration and has high chances of failing. Incorporate a bit of chocolate into your diet, and find healthy things to eat you enjoy eating.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Good news!
    You can eat some chocolate and still lose weight successfully - you just can't eat a lot of chocolate.....
    Total exclusion of something you enjoy is not the only choice.

Congrats on the positive steps you have made, try be kind to yourself and don't make the process harder than it has to be. Forgiving yourself when times are hard and you feel you have messed up is key to not giving up. :flowerforyou:
  • byrdsongchaia
    byrdsongchaia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. How about have a day that you allow yourself something that isn't on your diet. Maybe find a snack or a sweet that is within reason. Make sure to eat it maybe just before exercising or at least not right before bed. I've heard of people doing Things this way. Sometimes when we put such strict & difficult demands on ourselves it can become the very thing that will push all our hard work and great efforts so far back. Create extreme depression. So what we nrnd up doing is getting to a breaking point. We then indulged to the point of no return or so se feel like there is no return. Then the guilt becomes so overwhelming, that we then give up.
    Which really can creat even more depression. Feelings of failure. Just remember that you can do this, that everyone has these cravings. You arent alone by any means
    I wish you all the best on your new lifestyle change & being the absolute best you that you can possibly be.
    Good luck
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 4 stone because I've let myself go because of anxiety and depression. I just kept eating and now I want to look good and be looked at and thought that I was beautiful. I just look like a whale right now and it makes me more depressed. I'm going gym now and trying to eat healthy but it also makes me depressed cause I miss chocolate so much and I feel like giving in lol.

As others have said, I would incorporate some chocolate into your diet...just limit it. Peanut butter is my weakness and I've found that I can eat Halo Top Peanut Butter Cup ice cream as a way of indulging. Maybe that will work for you as well? Most pints of Halo Top ice cream are around 300 calories each.
  • MarisaG07
    MarisaG07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I struggle too and have found I have to take it 1 day 1 meal at a time. I am here for you.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I have found it helpful to set smaller goals so it doesn't feel overwhelming.

I probably have 4 or 5 stone to lose to be at a healthy weight, but right now I'm just focusing on the first half stone or so. Then when I get there, maybe I'll do another half, and see how I feel.

So my advice is, try taking it one small step at a time. Especially if you have a tendency to depression/ anxiety. 4 stone can feel a bit overwhelming and unmanageable all at once and you need to juggle this with looking after your mental health.