Shorties In the world

Options
So I’m 4ft 11 and I am constantly busy . I work full time , I massage In my spare time , Igo to the gym , I do the cleaning , I walk to wrk 1hr each day . So I’m thinking of having 1500 calories per day as I tend to binge on 1200 per day . Do you think I can loose weight still ? I’m 8st 11 x

Replies

• IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    There's not enough info for a solid answer. The question is, are you burning more than 1500 calories in that 24 hour period? Based on the info given, I feel like you probably do but some sort of fitness tracker would help answer that. Or, look up places near you that can do a DEXA or BodPod scan. Part of the info from them is what your bodies caloric requirements are to a decent degree of accuracy because it's based off your lean body mass, not simply weight like a fitness tracker.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    1,500 doesn't sound like a lot for a very active person, even if they are short. Have you tried entering your goals and stats into MFP and getting a calorie goal? That might be better than picking one at random.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall. I recommend adding calories 100 a day for week - that is, one week at 1300/day and then weigh and see if you're still losing. Then the next week at 1400/day and weigh at the end and see what's going on. You may be able to get to 1500 and you may find that you just cannot. My TDEE is 1430 at my age and weight and height and activity level, so I couldn't lose at 1500 and would probably be gaining, but your body and your lifestyle are not mine. All you can do is experiment and see if you can be satisfied with the food you're getting while still losing weight. (You might also look at WHAT you're eating within those 1200 calories, because some foods are triggers for further hunger while others are more filling and sustaining. That too differs from one person to the next.)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many steps you take in a day approximately? There was a post around here breaking down activity level based on steps. I would put that activity level in MFP and use that calorie recommendation. You can always adjust later.