New to the Forum but not do Dieting :(

Options
My name is Englan. I'm 35 and have been on diets for most of my life. Up and down, only to end back at up. I have to lose weight for myself and not anyone else. Diabetes runs in my family. I have three beautiful young children and I don't want to leave them without a mother.My husband says he's happy with the way I am but I know he worries about my health. I'm great at cheering on other people but it would be nice to meet other people to help cheer me on. Hopefully this time will be the time I succeed.

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it! Please feel free to add me--I'm always happy to support anyone on their weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • Nuttykitty
    Options
    Hello

Nice to "meet" you. Yes indeed. I believe we are in the same boat.Minus the 3 children. I have one son who is 22 yrs old. Im proud of him and would like to have him proud of me again. He was when I lost weight before .Last 4 yrs.. I just sunk again and rebounded.. Well Im here and hope to not only be a cheerleader but also a friend. =)
  • Nuttykitty
    Options
    Hello

Nice to "meet" you. Yes indeed. I believe we are in the same boat.Minus the 3 children. I have one son who is 22 yrs old. Im proud of him and would like to have him proud of me again. He was when I lost weight before .Last 4 yrs.. I just sunk again and rebounded.. Well Im here and hope to not only be a cheerleader but also a friend. =):flowerforyou:
  • englangrover
    Options
    Thank you both very much. I will do my best to cheer you on too :happy:
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck with your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement, support and amazing people on here.
  • englangrover
    Options
    Thank you :bigsmile:
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Heya, always happy to give and get motivation. Married mum of two. In Australia so my weight loss is in KG's. want to lose prob about 20 now that i have gone up again. monitoring food intake with MFP has been a great help and keeps me honest even if it's just me looking at it. Diets haven't ever worked for me either so I support you in just eating well and no specific diets. Its the exercise that makes so much difference and are just getting back into doing it again. Lost 15 kgs last time and then got high blood pressure issues where i wasn't to exercise so that became my excuse to be lazy. Losing weight will help fix my BP issues too.

Hubby doing so well with his exercise and MFP so has motivated to start a 20 min 30 day fitness routine with one of women from biggest loser. it's the '30 day shred' program. My 11 year old daughter is attempting to join in but requires more motivation and dont want to push her, i want it to be fun as she is also aware of her belly being a little bigger than other girls in class. good luck and hope to chat to you through your journey. cheers and take care. Louisa, Brisbane Australia.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am similar to you! I have struggled with my weight for a long time and have lost weight several times before, but it has always gone back on again! Feel free to add me too! I could also do with all the support i can get!

X Juliet X
  • HawaiiCam
    HawaiiCam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new myself but I will tell ya I have never felt more support and encouragement as I have seen on this site!! Feel free to add me as well!!