Best breakfast?

Options
I made myself some healthy mueseli - rolled oats, a few pepitas, sunflower seeds,goji berries & ginger and having 60 GM's with a spoon of yoghurt. Holy crumpet...I just saw the calories in oats! I lost 5kg in the first week, and zero in the 2nd :( I calorie counted pretty well, apart from the oats because the food lists on here are a wild ride of variation!
Who's got a healthy filling breakfast suggestion less than 200 Cal's? I'm thinking an egg on 1 toast & a banana.

Replies

• LilyFlowerMFP
    LilyFlowerMFP Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like doing 1 toasted gluten free bread with eggs and veggies
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    On weekdays I just have a banana or tube of Greek yogurt. I don't usually like to have a big breakfast. I save my kcal for later in the day.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I usually skip breakfast.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Omelets! So good for protein. You can put whatever you love inside one. Easy, too. I usually put ham and cheese inside. Sometimes mushrooms. Yummy and filling. More calories than 200, but I think a filling breakfast is fine. A good way to start your day.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of protein powder in iced coffee or have Greek yogurt with fruit. Today I ate half a large banana and almond butter.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Weigh the banana. You're looking at 80-150 cals there. Try slicing a small banana and putting a little dab of peanut butter on each piece. That could run about 200 if you're not overly generous with the peanut butter.

I like protein for breakfast. 2 hard boiled eggs (120-150 cals depending on size) and a muffin made with veggies (110 cal) is my breakfast most weekdays. (The muffins are store bought and are made with zucchini and carrots, but you don't taste the veggies. I normally have a blueberry muffin but now have a chocolate one to try.)

Limiting to 200 cals is fairly restrictive. Perhaps an egg + a couple of egg whites with veggies, made into fritatas?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with half a serving of shredded cheddar, a little pepper, a sunny side up egg and some paprika.
  • MutterGans
    MutterGans Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, think I'll go with the egg on toast option.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Light English muffin toasted with a poached egg and slice of Canadian bacon
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm usually not a big breakfast eater. It usually varies between a hard boiled egg, a yogurt or a banana. Sometimes multiples on that list, but not too often.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    MutterGans wrote: »
    Thanks guys, think I'll go with the egg on toast option.

I wonder if that would be good on pita bread? I have a friend who religiously buys low cal pita bread and substitutes it for all of his bread.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If you need something quick and filling, Quaker oatmeal Cups. 1 minute in the microwave. They are really tasty and average around 160 calories. The added sugar is a wee bit high, but I dont eat them everyday. I usually add banana or blueberries.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I like some carbs early in the morning. I agree with everyone that a piece of toast is a pretty good base for a small breakfast. Could add an egg, some avocado, or nut butter. (Switch it up day by day)

However, a 200cal breakfast is pretty small no matter what it includes. But, it totally depends on your TDEE (body size and activity level driven) and meal plan. If you were shooting for 1000kcals/day and were going to split that into 5 "meals," then I could see allocating 200kcals to "breakfast." But, you'd be eating another "meal" in about 3-4 hours. I've heard that works well for some people, but it makes it hard to eat with others.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If I have breakfast, it's usually oats...a serving of Coach's Oats is only 160 calories. I usually also have an apple with that. It's perfectly healthy and a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Also, calories have nothing to do with the nutritional value of something or whether or not it is healthy.

I usually have eggs and bacon and potatoes on weekends.