Thursday Mini Challenge

Options
Today's challenge is: Push-ups

Let's see how many we can do in 5 minutes.

Do this challenge using the hardest style you can do. The point is to challenge yourself and if you can military push-ups but you do 600 wall push-ups just to get the high number that is not challenging yourself. With that in mind, be honest with yourself and use the hardest method you can and see what you can do! Do NOT over tax yourselves!

You can do them any style you want.
The important thing is that you try to do it.
Make sure you stretch and have fun doing them.
Report back when you are done and let us know how you did.

These challenges can be logged as calisthenics.

Replies

• Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in by again it's not gonna be good as my upper body strength is pretty poo!! But hey I shall give it me best shot!! :0D
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Done... 85. amazingly 40 of them were in the first minute. then I hit the wall...
  • jmatthews75
    Options
    sorry, they were normal pushups. and I can't move my arms now. thanks. lol I needed that.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Ooooh man! lol
    Seriously, I'll in! :drinker:
  • porffor
    Options
    Ooooh man! lol
    Seriously, I'll in! :drinker:
  • porffor
    Options
    Ok.. 97 and the alarm stopped me! lol
    I was doing reps of 10 after initial 35 and hitting burn.

I haven't done them for years, so I'm not displeased with that as a first attempt. Will try again later and see if I can beat it. :blushing:
  • jmatthews75
    Options
    ok so now I have to do more as I was just beat by a girl, thank you for some motivation lol... I might do a set of 30 then sets of 10 every 15 seconds or so?
  • chicco57
    Options
    im game!!
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Did not get to do yesterdays, went to work, went to gym, dealt with family drama, went to bed.

Will try to do both tonight.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'll try but 5 minutes straight--usually I can only do a few at a time so--we'll see!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I did 60 and my arms are like jello. Have a good day everyone and have fun with this challenge!!
  • emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i still suck at these but i'll give it all i've got!
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Here's hoping and crossing my fingers that I can do 10. lol. Will report back later with the (very small, I'm sure) number. :)
  • chicco57
    Options
    well I never even lasted 5 mins but did 65..my arms are dead now~!! lol thanks charger! lol
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I did 100 girl pushuos and 50 boy pushups for a total of 150 :smile:
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Managed 5 dips and 10 push ups, i'm so not very strong.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Did 25 wall push ups this morning and just now! On top of my arm exercises today... Hope to do 25 more tonight but my arms are like jello ring now so we will see.

Hope to move to the counters then girly push ups then full ones! Thanks for the motivation!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Well i started out on the wall. After 100 pushups - which seemed too easy, I moved to girly style and got in 25 more. Which btw is freaking awesome for me. So i'm going to have to start doing my pushups on the floor now to keep up the burn.
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok. I managed to 10 real push-ups before I had to switch to girly push-ups. I managed to do 40 of those for a total of 50 push-ups. Waaaay better than I thought I would be able to do.