Fight for life

Options
Mjkerik2110
Mjkerik2110 Posts: 11 Member
edited September 2020 in Getting Started
I was in a car accident in July & almost lost my life! I have gained weight back due to not being able to walk, I have a broken left leg & broken right arm. I have 3-4 more weeks of no weight on either. I also had a broken sternum & several broken ribs.
Yesterday I decided not to eat due to boredom & started tracking my food. I also started floor exercises and laid on my back and rode an imaginary bike to get some cardio. I also ditched the wheel chair & now use my platform walker & a knee scooter.
My goal is to be under 200 by the time I am allowed to walk again. My weight is 213 right now.
So if ya need a buddy add me!

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Good for you, for figuring out things you CAN do instead of dwelling on what you cannot.

I was in a bad car accident January of 2003. Broke both my legs and punctured my lung. I guess it all depends on how/where the breaks happen: I ended up with titanium in both legs and was in PT 5 days after the accident where they started getting me up on my feet. I thought they were insane lol. I was walking - very slowly and only short distances - when I was discharged at 3 weeks.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best! I broke my sternum as a teenager (a horse fell on me) and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody! Good job taking control of the things you can control. You can do this!
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    I hope the recovery process is without many hurdles. Why attack the firs or any conifers? :)
  • Mjkerik2110
    Mjkerik2110 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to edit it. Stupid splint on my arm!!🤕😂
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I took care of the title for you. :)

Please take care of yourself, focus on healing, and seriously consider the advice from @AnnPT77

:flowerforyou: