Meal prep ideas - easy, affordable, delicious ideas needed!

Options
Meal prep week #1 was a success. Did two options which was bbq meatballs with veggies and cauliflower mash. The second was whole wheat pasta with italian sausage and veggies.

So now I need ideas for week #2.
- Would like to keep it to Protein + Veggies (no pasta)
- Could be microwavable (or not - could have cold options that do not need reheating)
- Affordable (I have $30-$35 to make two options - 5 portions of each)

I know some of you have been doing this a long time - can't wait to hear your ideas!

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    chili, stew, stir fry
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Budgetbytes.com is an amazing site full of great ideas, with the goal of putting together affordable and delicious recipes. (they have a meal prep section, but are also great for quick lunches and dinners).

My go-tos tend to be chilis, curries, meatballs either on bread or with stir fried veggies, chicken thighs with roasted vegetables, soups, stews, tacos, and chicken salad. Recently made an awesome and easy coconut-curry-rice chicken+vegetable bake, made all in one pan in the oven.

All these options last well in the fridge, are fairly easily portioned, and you can find so many varieties of flavor profiles that you don’t run out of ideas from week to week.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hamburger soup. Toss Hamburger or ground anything into a pot, brown it. Add broth, onion, whatever veggies you like, tomato sauce, tomatoes soup, seasonings you enjoy. Cook.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Chili - I make it with 3 pounds of ground 85/15 turkey for about $8. (Prices may vary of course where you live. For me ground turkey is typically lower $ than ground beef.) 3 packs of seasoning about $1 each. 4 cans of tomatoes and 2 cans of beans about $.50-1 each. Top with shredded cheddar or sour cream, $1-2 each. So that is roughly $20 but enough to make 8-10 servings. So could freeze some?

• littlegreenparrot1
    Options
    Ratatouille with chicken or sausage and potato
    Dhal, carrot and lentil soup, quinoa and roast veg salad with falafel