My health and family

Options
I want to lose this weight because of my beautiful kids that are grown but this is for my grandkids as well. I am not in the best of health at this time but I think this would help my health dramatically and raise my self esteem. I have been a survivor of domestic abuse and this will help me stand strong and show myself that I can once again be independent.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    We love you already! Come on in, Irene!

I'm sure forum members will be able to support you with any questions you have. We'd all love hearing your insights along the way too!

Welcome to the MFP Forums!
  • WalterCHollums
    WalterCHollums Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome!
  • MonaLisainCT
    MonaLisainCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Welcome! One step and look, you've started!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    You have come so far already. Its really good to take care of yourself. You have the very best of incentives being a more healthy you for the grandchildren. There will be days which don't go as planned, say, Ok, then get suck in the next morning, new day, closer to the new you. Survive and Thrive.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Losing weight, getting healthy and getting strong can give you the most amazing mental health benefits. You go for it girl. This site will be here for you. I am sure there are many others on here who have gone through similar trauma and you will find great friends who will support you.

Welcome and the best of luck with your endeavours.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!