Lose 15kg by Christmas Day

Options
I weigh 160kg and my objective is to lose 15kg by Christmas Day.

My target mass is 90kg.

I was 175kg at the start of the year.

Please add me as a friend if you are on a weight loss journey too.

Let's support each other.

Thanks!

Replies

• joannie92
    joannie92 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I weigh a little less than this but my end goal is the same - I'm up for the challenge of 15kg down by Christmas!
  • Weedsir
    Weedsir Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just added you!
    We have the same target mass!
    I only just started my journey 3 weeks ago, would love to join you on your journey!
  • bankmish
    bankmish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me add? I don't know how to add members 😢
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    bankmish wrote: »
    Can someone help me add? I don't know how to add members 😢

Tap on their username, a window will pop up. Tap on their username again, in that window, and you will be taken to a page where you can add them as a friend.
  • redlindsy
    redlindsy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    could someone add me please
  • distortedvision78
    Options
    Weedsir wrote: »
    Just added you!
    We have the same target mass!
    I only just started my journey 3 weeks ago, would love to join you on your journey!

What is your starting mass?
  • DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am definitely up for this challenge. Add me so we can keep each other motivated!
  • distortedvision78
    distortedvision78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Friday is my weigh day. I recorded 159.5kg. I'm far off my target. I'm unable to go to the gym because of the second UK lockdown.

I've started cycling in the morning before work at 5am for 2 hours.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and tracking all your food? That's likely to be far more important than exercise.
  • distortedvision78
    Options
    Yes - see my food diary. I cycled 18 miles today. I'm planning on doing this every weekday. I've not lost any weight this week - I don't know why.
    Are you weighing and tracking all your food? That's likely to be far more important than exercise.

• distortedvision78
    Options
    I am currently 160kg so I need to up my game for more aggressive weight loss to meet my Christmas goal.
  • distortedvision78
    edited November 2020
    Options
    No weight loss in 3 weeks. I've increased my exercise this week. I'm cycling 18miles every weekday morning. I noticed that my Total Body Water has increased significantly this week.

screenshot-617.png
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    No amount of exercise makes up for a poor diet. Are you weighing and tracking calories?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    True. 18miles is not that much on a bike, and it's not too difficult to overeat on the earned calories.
  • distortedvision78
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    No amount of exercise makes up for a poor diet. Are you weighing and tracking calories?

Yes and my diet is no longer poor.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    CICO is all that matters for weight loss though, not whether or not you eat well. I still eat like a 5 year old and lose 1 lb a week.

I would double check those entries to make sure you are choosing correct ones. Maybe verify that your food scale is still working accurately. Reevaluate what you enter the exercise as also because it’s possible that your over estimating your calories burned and that could impact your expected deficit.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have just gone nearly 2 weeks hardly losing but today had a big drop - that is how it works with me and I think with lots of others too.

That is why, with respect to the OP, "I want to lose 15kg by Christmas" is in my view a really bad idea and instead "I want to lose 15kg" is the better way to go.

That way you do not get disheartened and that can lead to being too restrictive which leads to binging, rinse and repeat.

Weight lose by counting calories works so just take it week by week, hitting your goal when you do.

And personally, I like to set mini-goals too, my current one being to get out of 12 stone zone into the 11 stone zone and I focus on that rather than my over all target.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    FYI - if you are cycling on an exercise bike/stationary bike you can't use outdoor speed related categories from the database here.
    No gradients/gravity, acceleration, wind or rolling resistance make the "speed/distance" recorded indoors very exaggerated.

(Oh how I wish I could bomb along at a consistent 24mph......) :smiley: